Experience with AAs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do you know what is the legal status of AAs in Michigan?

Members don't see this ad.

AA's operate under delegatory authority in Michigan. They've probably been there at least 20 years or more.

See www.michiganaaa.org for more information than I would have.

AA's operate under delegatory authority in Michigan. They've probably been there at least 20 years or more.

See www.michiganaaa.org for more information than I would have.

There will come a time when the hospitals we work in will want an ACT model. Does anyone have any literature regarding AAs and their safety? I'm going to start data-collecting now to have a loaded gun when the time comes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Please remember this is purely a propaganda piece, loaded with inaccuracies and mis-statements.
You're partly correct. It says AAs are supervised by anesthesiologists. It should read directed by anesthesiologists. But that's probably just splitting cross hairs.

You're partly correct. It says AAs are supervised by anesthesiologists. It should read directed by anesthesiologists. But that's probably just splitting cross hairs.
Jeez, where should I start? Ah, it's pointless to argue with a CRNA - kinda like arguing with Hillary.

She's our only AA I believe and chooses to use her PA license mostly (in clinic) which unfortunately pays better at this facility than AA work.
Somebody gets paid for pre-anesthesia visits?
Edit- I see. SHE gets paid better. I thought you were talking about E/M billing or something.