Employment & Professional Networking Experience with finding a job?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sepsispod

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone here has any first hand knowledge on how easy it is to find a job once you get your OT license. The job statistics make it seem very positive, but not sure how that actually translates into the real world. Is it that you go from getting licensed to immediately working, or do you have to send out 100 resumes and be willing to move to Kentucky... or something of that nature?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Everyone in my class got a job within weeks to a month. I still get multiple calls/emails weekly from recruiters trying to lure me away.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, that's good to hear! Was there career counseling/placement support services at your school or better yet, was it incorporated into the MOT curriculum? I hear a lot of OT's start out where they completed their fieldwork. Would you say that's also true?

A few classmates got offers from their fieldworks but most left the state to go back home where they were from. I still get email from the school advisor regarding job oppurtunities though. It depends if the site has a opening.

Reactions: 1 user