experimental questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

echoyjeff222

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've been reading on recent mcat test days about there be a lot of experimental questions in the bs section. are these like the ones that appeared in aamc 11? around the same difficulty / style?

Members don't see this ad.

If the experimental questions and passages are mixed in with the real questions and passages on the real MCAT, it would probably be impossible to know for sure which ones are experimental. (I think that's what you mean by, "in the BS section.") There may be hints like obvious unambiguous diagram errors (that probably would have been corrected on a real live question or passage), or requiring out of scope information that's on on AAMC's required knowledge list in the Guide to the MCAT. Then you might suspect that it's experimental.

I think what OP meant that the passages in Biological Science have gone away from recall-based questions to scientific experimental type passages - the answer is yes, this was what I had on my MCAT, this is what I've seen repeated by many other MCAT threads in the past few months.

I think what OP meant that the passages in Biological Science have gone away from recall-based questions to scientific experimental type passages - the answer is yes, this was what I had on my MCAT, this is what I've seen repeated by many other MCAT threads in the past few months.
Yeah, I meant experiment-based questions ... so they are like the ones seen in aamc 11?

Members don't see this ad :)
There was a mix - we had some experimental, some recall-based. However, I felt it was very much like AAMC 11.

There was a mix - we had some experimental, some recall-based. However, I felt it was very much like AAMC 11.

In your opinion, what's the best way to prepare for this section? TPRSW? I feel like TBR is not really helping with bio.

In your opinion, what's the best way to prepare for this section? TPRSW? I feel like TBR is not really helping with bio.

I think that AAMC 11 was the only preparation I really had for that kind of Bio passage. I have heard great things about TPRSW so maybe that is the way to go, but since I've done extensive lab work in the past it wasn't too bad for me, someone else may be better off commenting.

I think that AAMC 11 was the only preparation I really had for that kind of Bio passage. I have heard great things about TPRSW so maybe that is the way to go, but since I've done extensive lab work in the past it wasn't too bad for me, someone else may be better off commenting.

Gotcha thanks.