Explanation for this Arterial blood gas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Herakles

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone.

I'd like an explanation for this ABG:

It should represent a slight metabolic acidosis.. correct? in positive case, what kind of anion GAP do we have?
Could you explain the possible causes of this happening, and the primary reasons of the illness?

Ph 7. 34
pCo2 36
pO2 80
Na+ 137
K+ 4.6
Cl- 113

Ca++ 1.18
Glu 118
Lac 0.7

sO2% 97.8

HCO3-(c) 17.8 ?
HCO3-(std) 19.4 ?

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone.

I'd like an explanation for this ABG:

It should represent a slight metabolic acidosis.. correct? in positive case, what kind of anion GAP do we have?
Could you explain the possible causes of this happening, and the primary reasons of the illness?

Ph 7. 34
pCo2 36
pO2 80
Na+ 137
K+ 4.6
Cl- 113

Ca++ 1.18
Glu 118
Lac 0.7

sO2% 97.8

HCO3-(c) 17.8 ?
HCO3-(std) 19.4 ?

NAGMA

idk

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This isn't the appropriate place to ask for help with home work.

Reactions: 1 users
Why dont you learn abgs?

I told you its not an anion gap.

Look up non anion gap metabolic acidosis.

You literally a five second google search away, pimp.
isnt this forum called "studentdoctor"? So, I study to become a Doctor. What is the problem in asking help in understanding some concepts?
What this forum stay for?

isnt this forum called "studentdoctor"? So, I study to become a Doctor. What is the problem in asking help in understanding some concepts?
What this forum stay for?
It doesn't exist to do homework. It does exist to help people. Sadly, your post looks like it falls into the first category, and your angry responses are unlikely to garner any help. There are plenty of resources out there for helping understand blood gases.

Reactions: 5 users
Status
Not open for further replies.