Externships in Hawaii??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GellaBella

Penn Vet V'14
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Sooo...anyone know of any cool veterinary externships in Hawaii for a few weeks or so? :rolleyes:

Seems like a fun way to get some cool experiences while also enjoying some nice weather/change of scenery. Or anywhere else tropical and exotic? I'm not finding much online and I would think it would be a cool place for vet students to get marine mammal experience.

I don't have high hopes but it seems like it would be awesome.

Members don't see this ad.

Sooo...anyone know of any cool veterinary externships in Hawaii for a few weeks or so? :rolleyes:

Seems like a fun way to get some cool experiences while also enjoying some nice weather/change of scenery. Or anywhere else tropical and exotic? I'm not finding much online and I would think it would be a cool place for vet students to get marine mammal experience.

I don't have high hopes but it seems like it would be awesome.

i know VCA has hospitals in Hawaii that do externships (their rep was trying to hype them up to us recently and then realized we probably don't care as much about escaping to some place tropical ;) )

i know SGU is in the process of trying to set up an exchange program to allow other vet schools to send students here to get some marine experience but i'm not sure where they're at in that process.

MARVET also has marine programs too down tropically

I spent two months at the esther honey foundation and LOVED it. Small tropical island near new zealand. Vet clinic is free to all, run by private donations only, so plenty of interesting cases. Flights are wicked expensive, but totallly worth it if you can stay for a few weeks. I would recommend 4-6 weeks.