Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

1. If you prefer the SDN Blue style, go to the bottom left of the page and select "SDN Blue"

Extra income/side job?

Discussion in 'Pharmacy' started by lisinopril, 07.06.13.

1. lisinopril

lisinopril

Post Doc
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I am wondering what other extra income/side jobs do pharmacists on SDN have? It would be nice to be shared on SDN.
  2. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine Staff Member Administrator SDN Senior Moderator

Pharmacist
    Pharmacist SDN Published Author hSDN Member SDN 5+ Year Member
    I write articles and do some editing work.
  3. Sparda29

Sparda29 En Taro Adun Gold Donor

Pharmacist
    Pharmacist SDN 5+ Year Member
    Other than my per-diem jobs? Have a VAG-COM cable and computer program so people bring their Volkswagens/Audis over to my place or I go over to their place and connect the car to my laptop and do things like disabling day time running lights, allowing fog lights to run without turning on the regular lights, activating rear fog lights and other things that the car can do but the factory only enables in premium models.
  4. owlegrad

owlegrad Uncontrollable Sarcasm Machine Staff Member Administrator SDN Senior Moderator

Pharmacist
    Pharmacist SDN Published Author hSDN Member SDN 5+ Year Member
    I wish I could disable the safety feature that makes my Prius be still before I can use the GPS. It is a 2012 model. The only thing I see only have me like taking apart the dashboard and playing with wires. :(
  5. Sparda29

Pharmacist
    Don't really know much about Toyotas. The Volkswagen program is super easy to use, its just that the cable and program cost at least $300 depending on the package you order, it's paid for itself already.
  6. nafcillin

nafcillin

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Smart, Sparda. I am assuming you have a lot of technical it knowledge??
  7. kendrick lamar

kendrick lamar

Pharmacy Student
    I do comedy on twitter dot com. I don't get $$$ tho
  8. Sparda29

Pharmacist
    Not really. It's a super easy program to use with checkmarks and all that stuff. I hook up the cable and just go down the options bar enabling stuff.

Asides from that I know how to build computers from scratch, I'm more of a hardware person than a software person.
  9. Jazztastic

Jazztastic PharmD

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    Thinking about learning web development and if it's good I might consider switching to that career full-time and doing pharmacy part-time or per diem
  10. PharmEcon

PharmEcon

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    What sort of web development are you thinking about?

I have been doing a variety of web development work for various small businesses and individuals over the years as well as some internet marketing. I also have some sites of my own that generate some money on the side.
  11. Jazztastic

Jazztastic PharmD

Pharmacist
    SDN 5+ Year Member
    I want to learn both client and server side and get a taste for both to see what I want to focus on.
    I have little experience with HTML/CSS, Python & Java.
    I like that with web development you have some creative license unlike the monotone nature of retail pharmacy.

How do you like it as a side job?
  12. PharmEcon

PharmEcon

Pharmacy Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    It has been great for me, but I've never used it as a necessary income source or anything- it has been more of a hobby which I enjoy and does end up making me a little money on the side. I started off with smaller things (freelancing mostly) in high school and moved on to creating sites of my own more in undergrad. Nowadays, I still have some sites of my own and I also do some freelancing, but more with established entities than random people online (i.e. small businesses).

I really like the flexibility and the potential is great. At the same time, it is a very competitive market in pretty much everything nowadays, so you have to do something to really find your niche or set yourself apart, especially if you are relying on it to support yourself. Feel free to PM me if you want more specifics on what I've done/do.
  13. Bubblewrap

Bubblewrap

SDN 2+ Year Member
    After I get a job as a pharmacist, I was thinking about becoming a fashion designer also. I don't know if I'll actually go that path though lol :p
    Pharmacist/ Part time fashion designer sounds kinda weird too

I was also thinking about becoming a writer on the side :D

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal