Extreme help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

John12

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I need your help fast. I just received my mcat scores 9/9/11 29 and a gpa of 3.95. I applied only to MD schools and since it's late for this cycle I'm starting to doubt if I have a decent chance in getting into any MD schools. Should I start applying for DO schools? What are my chances in getting in into an Md school?

Members don't see this ad.

have you submitted your MD secondaries and LORs yet? if not, do so now. Do you like the DO philosophy? Have you shadowed a DO? do you have a DO letter? DO schools are very aware that a lot of applicants apply to DO schools because they couldn't get into MD schools and they want to make sure they only accept applicants who are genuinely interested in the DO philosophy

Yes I sent all the required applications for MD.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
if you submit your MD secondaries within the next week, I would say you have about a 50-60% chance of being accepted to a MD school (as long as you applied broadly and smartly)

Umdnj
Michigan state
Toledo
Drexel
Temple
Colombia
Harvard

Umdnj
Michigan state
Toledo
Drexel
Temple
Colombia
Harvard

you are a resident of which state? apply to your instate medical schools, all of them. Then apply to VCU, West Virginia (if you have ties there), and other MD schools that match your stats (look at MSAR). You need to apply to more schools and pre-write secondaries now, time is of the essence. apply to at least 6 more MD schools and submit the 6 secondaries within the week.

the commonwealth medical college

And will u think I'll have any chance? I applied to VCU and submitted my application a month ago and finished secondary applications for every MD I applied to.

And will u think I'll have any chance? I applied to VCU and submitted my application a month ago and finished secondary applications for every MD I applied to.

well if your ec's are good (clinical experience, community service, leadership etc) and if you have strong LORs then yes you have a solid chance

Yes everything are good from what I was told. Thanks for your help

Harvard and Columbia are far reaches with a MCAT of 29. Unless you are a resident of NJ, Michigan or Ohio, Umdnj Michigan State and Toledo are also reaches with a MCAT of 29. Apply to all your state schools ( where are you a resident?) and consider adding Quinnipiac, New York Medical College, Albany, Jefferson, Commonwealth (PA), GW, Oakland Beaumont, Western Michigan, Rosalind Franklin, St. Louis, Loyola and Creighton. Apply this week and submit your secondaries no later than mid-late September.