Extremely Nervous (DO/MD)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UTVol17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

First time poster here. I take my MCAT in two weeks and I'm just curious what my chances are for MD/DO schools. I've taken the test once before and did extremely horrid. My GPA is c3.4 s3.2.

My EC include volunteering at a local hospital in the ER, volunteering at a local VA Audiology center, some lab work in an Ichthyology lab during my undergraduate, and about 20 hours shadowing an anesthesiologist.

Any input would be wonderful. Thanks guys!

Members don't see this ad.

 

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
If you score 30+, you have a good chance for DO schools.

His GPA's are on par with the averages, so if he scores an average MCAT (~28) he should be fine if the rest of his application doesn't lack.

Hey guys,

First time poster here. I take my MCAT in two weeks and I'm just curious what my chances are for MD/DO schools. I've taken the test once before and did extremely horrid. My GPA is c3.4 s3.2.

My EC include volunteering at a local hospital in the ER, volunteering at a local VA Audiology center, some lab work in an Ichthyology lab during my undergraduate, and about 20 hours shadowing an anesthesiologist.

Any input would be wonderful. Thanks guys!

What did you get on your first MCA? Your GPA could be better. I would add on to the shadowing and volunteering. What is "some lab work"? It seems to me you could really benefit from this MCAT. Goodluck and let us know your results.

What did you get on your first MCA? Your GPA could be better. I would add on to the shadowing and volunteering. What is "some lab work"? It seems to me you could really benefit from this MCAT. Goodluck and let us know your results.

I got a 15 on my first test. I too it two weeks out of my Junior year, and it was a terrible mistake. I am the first of my extended family to even attend college and did not know what to expect. Needless to say, I have taken Kaplan and have been reviewing and preparing all summer.

The lab work I did was helping my professor run gel electrophoresis on specimens collected in the field.