F-1 Student Visa

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Prateek

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey,

So on some of the secondaries it mentions an F-1 Student Visa. I'm currently a Canadian citizen and in the Columbia application it mentions Visa code:

Foreign citizen - Will apply for F-1 student visa
Foreign citizen - Currently have F-1 student visa
Foreign citizen - Currently hold J-1 exchange visit visa
*BLANK*

So would I be needing an F-1 student visa to study at medical schools in the USA?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

So on some of the secondaries it mentions an F-1 Student Visa. I'm currently a Canadian citizen and in the Columbia application it mentions Visa code:

*BLANK*

So would I be needing an F-1 student visa to study at medical schools in the USA?

Thanks

Yes, as far as I know, you need F1

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks guys, I tried to call up Columbia a few times but no one picked up there.

Appreciate it!

Hey,

*BLANK*

Thanks

I hope this helps:

http://www2.fiu.edu/~preprofc/International_Students_School_Policies.htm

All the best! :)

I think Canadian students have a better chance of getting the visa and admission compared to other international students of different origins.