F in a class

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shadyknick

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a senior. I just finished finals and I received a F in one of my science classes. I took like 14 credits but slacked off hard, thanks to major senioritis.

What should I do? I am applying this coming cycle and I am afraid this will be a huge red flag.

My current GPA is now around a 3.5

Members don't see this ad.

I am a senior. I just finished finals and I received a F in one of my science classes. I took like 14 credits but slacked off hard, thanks to major senioritis.

What should I do? I am applying this coming cycle and I am afraid this will be a huge red flag.

My current GPA is now around a 3.5
This will be a big flag. I would retake it and show you can get an A in it. There is not much else you can do about it.

Reactions: 1 user
I don't know if I'd retake it. Are you applying to MD or DO schools?

It will be. Sometimes one has to apply with the app one has, warts and all. See how an app cycle shakes out. You will need to target schools very carefully. And start thinking NOW about what you would do if you got shut out in the upcoming cycle. Suggestion: If the F is in a science course, retake it and utilize AACOMAS grade replacement.