Factory Farm

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

4Paws89

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi There,

I did work at a factory farm sexing chickens...
Should I put that on my vet school application. I dont want them to think I am a bad guy-I just wanted to see first hand what goes on at these billion dollar industries !?!?!?!

Advice-please!!:bag:

Members don't see this ad.

Hi There,

Should I put that on my vet school application. I dont want them to think I am a bad guy-I just wanted to see first hand what goes on at these billion dollar industries !?!?!?!

Yes, put it in. Most vet school admissions committees are going to know that factory farm does not necessarily equal evil incarnate, despite what the media perception may be.

Reactions: 4 users
Hi There,

Sounds like an interesting experience. I'd definitely include it.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Do it. It's not something a lot of people can lay claim to, and factory farms need vets too.

Reactions: 1 user
I'd definitely include it since it's such a unique experience. I'd definitely be prepared to answer questions stemming from this experience during interviews, but I think it will give you an interesting view point.

Don't call it a factory farm in your application though. People on both sides of the fence take offense to that term haha. Just say large scale poultry production haha

Reactions: 4 users