Fail Naplex with null under score transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cabp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it right?

Members don't see this ad.

?????

Maybe if you are a little more specific about what you are asking, people will be able to give you an answer.

I have absolutely no idea what you are asking. My only advice is if you think your NAPLEX was scored incorrectly, is to contact NAPLEX concerning your situation.

Oh thanks for your reply. I'm asking if null under Naplex score transfer on NABP account that means you fail, is it right? I took Naplex a few weeks ago and still waiting for result. Waiting day by day for mail is terrible and know that I maybe fail from the null rumor that scare me. Thank you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure what you are asking either. Naplex should give you an actual number for your score which will tell you if you passed or failed. I think null means that if you were transferring your license to another state at the same time it did not transfer since you failed. (This is only a guest since I don't know your score.) Check with NABP to see if you can find your score to be sure.

If you hadn't gotten your results back yet, then maybe the null is under the transfer, because nothing has transferred yet? It wouldn't make sense too post a null, if that means failure, on your account, before the scoring is done and released.

Oh thanks for your reply. I'm asking if null under Naplex score transfer on NABP account that means you fail, is it right? I took Naplex a few weeks ago and still waiting for result. Waiting day by day for mail is terrible and know that I maybe fail from the null rumor that scare me. Thank you.
Hi did you find out if the rumor about NULL under score transfer is true?

I think null under score transfer means you did not request a score transfer. I don't know why it would mean anything else.

Reactions: 1 user
You have 90 days to request a score transfer, My NAPLEX score still allows me to transfer. It may say null because you have no reported score yet and thus cannot transfer a score you don't have. I'd just wait.

You have 90 days to request a score transfer, My NAPLEX score still allows me to transfer. It may say null because you have no reported score yet and thus cannot transfer a score you don't have. I'd just wait.
Thanks for your reply! All these rumors are freaking me out. I guess all I can do is wait...

Hello,

So I'm writing this to try and help those of us whom are members of masochistic states like my own - by this I mean, they send your scores by mail.

First, if your online account before/during/soon after taking NAPLEX said "ATT Generated" with options in the furthermost column being:

1. Cancel Registration

2. Change Primary Jurisdiction or

3. Add Score Transfer.....continue reading....

**Also, the famous ORANGE (baby s***) colored button should be grayed out at this point. If this applies to you, then OK, continue reading...

Around 2 - 3 days later:

"ATT Generated" should change to "Registration Closed" and the grayed out button should NOW be ORANGE (baby s***) again.

(From reading around these forums, I believe this means NABP has transmitted your score results to your state. If you had been born/residing in a state that used their tax dollars or whatever money funds this online score posting, I am guessing it is at this very moment you would be able to physically see with your own very two eyes your score live and on-screen.)

For those who are forced to take digital tests but receive answers by horse and buggy...Here's where it gets weird...

If you had the ability the "add score transfer" while it said "ATT Generated" but once it changed to "Registration Closed" and all three of the above mentioned options are now gone and instead replaced by NULL - you may have failed.

Prior to registration closing, your NAPLEX listing should have been somewhere up near the top of the screen (i.e., one of the first listings in your CPE monitor thing.) Now, it should be at the bottom (possibly underneath all the other failed attempts..... I speak modestly here....I'm certain the entire system is against me...)

At the bottom of the screen, if NAPLEX now says "Registration Closed" and NULL for available actions - even if your Orange button is ORANGE - you may have failed.

The reasons this sort of makes sense is that it makes no sense why they would take away your ability to add score transfer when, technically, you only have 90 days to do so. So by nulling the option, they are depleting the amount of days you can decided and decide not to decide to transfer your lovely, passed score. Something I have never had the pleasure of experiencing. Anyways, if this theory is true....then they don't need to even bother mailing the grade at this point. Null = fail. Try again in 3 months and fork over some more money. Maybe once we've gotten enough......

I would REALLY LOVE if someone from a state that sends scores by mail could confirm this theory:

Please, by all means, respond with information that coincides with the following: did "add score transfer" REMAIN in that NAPLEX column the entire time for you even once ATT Generated had changed to "Registration Closed?"

I TRULY hope this helps many of you. Feel free to add your own comments, suggestions - or correct me if I'm wrong. This might differ state to state.

Kindly,

kcufpharm

P.S. see Pharmacyboy123's post here

If link didn't work, here's the direct link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/95-sure-i-failed-naplex.1213715/#post-18053948

Reactions: 2 users

Hi, I was wondering if you ended up passing or not? Just wanted to follow up on the rumor

Your score should have shown up under score results on the nabp website. It's on the left side under "exam services." Mine all only took 3 days to show up.

Hello,

So I'm writing this to try and help those of us whom are members of masochistic states like my own - by this I mean, they send your scores by mail.

First, if your online account before/during/soon after taking NAPLEX said "ATT Generated" with options in the furthermost column being:

1. Cancel Registration

**Also, the famous ORANGE (baby s***) colored button should be grayed out at this point. If this applies to you, then OK, continue reading....

Around 2 - 3 days later:

"ATT Generated" should change to "Registration Closed" and the grayed out button should NOW be ORANGE (baby s***) again.

(From reading around these forums, I believe this means NABP has transmitted your score results to your state. If you had been born/residing in a state that used their tax dollars or whatever money funds this online score posting, I am guessing it is at this very moment you would be able to physically see with your own very two eyes your score live and on-screen.) .

For those who are forced to take digital tests but receive answers by horse and buggy....Here's where it gets weird....

If you had the ability the "add score transfer" while it said "ATT Generated" but once it changed to "Registration Closed" and all three of the above mentioned options are now gone and instead replaced by NULL - you may have failed.

Prior to registration closing, your NAPLEX listing should have been somewhere up near the top of the screen (i.e., one of the first listings in your CPE monitor thing.) Now, it should be at the bottom (possibly underneath all the other failed attempts..... I speak modestly here....I'm certain the entire system is against me...)

At the bottom of the screen, if NAPLEX now says "Registration Closed" and NULL for available actions - even if your Orange button is ORANGE - you may have failed.

The reasons this sort of makes sense is that it makes no sense why they would take away your ability to add score transfer when, technically, you only have 90 days to do so. So by nulling the option, they are depleting the amount of days you can decided and decide not to decide to transfer your lovely, passed score. Something I have never had the pleasure of experiencing. Anyways, if this theory is true....then they don't need to even bother mailing the grade at this point. Null = fail. Try again in 3 months and fork over some more money. Maybe once we've gotten enough......

I would REALLY LOVE if someone from a state that sends scores by mail could confirm this theory:

Please, by all means, respond with information that coincides with the following: did "add score transfer" REMAIN in that NAPLEX column the entire time for you even once ATT Generated had changed to "Registration Closed?"

I TRULY hope this helps many of you. Feel free to add your own comments, suggestions - or correct me if I'm wrong. This might differ state to state..

Kindly,

kcufpharm

If link didn't work, here's the direct link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/95-sure-i-failed-naplex.1213715/#post-18053948.

Hooooo boy this is amazing. What did I just read?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

1. Cancel Registration

**Also, the famous ORANGE (baby s***) colored button should be grayed out at this point. If this applies to you, then OK, continue reading....

Around 2 - 3 days later:

(From reading around these forums, I believe this means NABP has transmitted your score results to your state. If you had been born/residing in a state that used their tax dollars or whatever money funds this online score posting, I am guessing it is at this very moment you would be able to physically see with your own very two eyes your score live and on-screen.) .

For those who are forced to take digital tests but receive answers by horse and buggy....Here's where it gets weird....

I TRULY hope this helps many of you. Feel free to add your own comments, suggestions - or correct me if I'm wrong. This might differ state to state..

Kindly,

kcufpharm

If link didn't work, here's the direct link: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/threads/95-sure-i-failed-naplex.1213715/#post-18053948.

Here is my case: State with snail mail (California).

I had ATT, with all the options you listed. Three days after I took the exam, my score was released to Cali BOP. Status changed to "registration closed" and I had the option to "add score transfer." There was nothing else... I didn't have "null" anywhere. Few weeks later, letter arrived telling me i passed.

I would like to add my own experience in concern to “Add Score Transfer vs NULL.” I am from California. I passed NAPLEX on my second attempting. As you all know California Board of Pharmacy send your score through snail mail. During my first NAPLEX I did not remember seeing “Add Score Transfer” which happened to be the one I failed and it was shown as “NULL”.

On 9/29 I took NAPLEX for the second attempt. A few days after I took the exam I notes the "Add Score Transfer" option was shown under action required.

Then I began doing reading all over the web searching what that does it mean. Before I reached to a conclusion I waited my result and found out I passed. Yes, it was such a relief — finally to see the light of becoming practicing pharmacist in CA.

I believe the “Add Score Transfer” is more of an indication that you passed rather than you failed from my own personal experience.

Remember the NABP does not know when you will get the score but they will assume you will be informed soon once they send out your score to the CBOP. They have no saying when or how you will get your score; therefore, once they send your score to the state board their record show “Add Score Transfer” if you pass and “NULL” if you do not.

I also do not think they have time to wait and change to Add Score Transfer once you get your score. How do they even know you received your score especial when you get your score in snail mail.

So far from my research I have never see anyone claiming they failed NAPLEX while the “Add Score Transfer” shown on their NABP profile screen under action required. Therefore for those who failed NAPLEX show “NULL” instead of “Add Score Transfer”.

My experience applies only on the California Board of Pharmacy.

This room has helped me through ups and down and I would like to wish you all the best.

Never give up even if the first or the second one did not go as you thought. There is always a chance of passing NAPLEX and never listen to the Naysayers.

Good-luck to all of you and thank you all for participating.

Hello,

1. Cancel Registration

Around 2 - 3 days later:

Kindly,

kcufpharm

Hey thanks for the nice break-down..I'm alittle confused with my situation. My registration is closed and the tab is brown now BUT I dont have an "add scores transfer section" there isn't an available actions tab either. My registration is no longer under the "Active Registrations" section either. I think according to your formula its not looking good for me but I'm still kinda confused please let me know what you think. I've attached a screenshot too.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 6.54.29 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-10-25 at 6.54.29 PM.png
    151.1 KB · Views: 399
What does it say under "available actions"? You cut it out of your image.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would like to add my own experience in concern to “Add Score Transfer vs NULL.” I am from California. I passed NAPLEX on my second attempting. As you all know California Board of Pharmacy send your score through snail mail. During my first NAPLEX I did not remember seeing “Add Score Transfer” which happened to be the one I failed and it was shown as “NULL”.

On 9/29 I took NAPLEX for the second attempt. A few days after I took the exam I notes the "Add Score Transfer" option was shown under action required.

Then I began doing reading all over the web searching what that does it mean. Before I reached to a conclusion I waited my result and found out I passed. Yes, it was such a relief — finally to see the light of becoming practicing pharmacist in CA.

I believe the “Add Score Transfer” is more of an indication that you passed rather than you failed from my own personal experience.

Remember the NABP does not know when you will get the score but they will assume you will be informed soon once they send out your score to the CBOP. They have no saying when or how you will get your score; therefore, once they send your score to the state board their record show “Add Score Transfer” if you pass and “NULL” if you do not.

I also do not think they have time to wait and change to Add Score Transfer once you get your score. How do they even know you received your score especial when you get your score in snail mail.

So far from my research I have never see anyone claiming they failed NAPLEX while the “Add Score Transfer” shown on their NABP profile screen under action required. Therefore for those who failed NAPLEX show “NULL” instead of “Add Score Transfer”.

My experience applies only on the California Board of Pharmacy.

This room has helped me through ups and down and I would like to wish you all the best.

Never give up even if the first or the second one did not go as you thought. There is always a chance of passing NAPLEX and never listen to the Naysayers.

Good-luck to all of you and thank you all for participating.
When your status changed to "add score transfer" was it still under Active Registration section? mine is closed out and has "add score transfer" option but still stays under Active Registration section and i'm wondering if it should be there or it should go down to the bottom, under the history section. All other my Null results are under the History section.

Attachments

• IMG_4655.jpg
    IMG_4655.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 447
Did NOT end up passing this NAPLEX attempt. This causes me to believe my little "hypothesis" post was accurate.

Hello,

1. Cancel Registration

Around 2 - 3 days later:

Kindly,

kcufpharm

My friend had null and she thought she didn't pass she got her score in the mail and she passed . I will wait before I be sad. It might be exceptions but it might be my only hope

My friend had null and she thought she didn't pass she got her score in the mail and she passed . I will wait before I be sad. It might be exceptions but it might be my only hope
Was she from California

Hey thanks for the nice break-down..I'm alittle confused with my situation. My registration is closed and the tab is brown now BUT I dont have an "add scores transfer section" there isn't an available actions tab either. My registration is no longer under the "Active Registrations" section either. ..........I think according to your formula its not looking good for me but I'm still kinda confused please let me know what you think. I've attached a screenshot too..

I am in the same boat! Did you end up passing?

Hey thanks for the nice break-down..I'm alittle confused with my situation. My registration is closed and the tab is brown now BUT I dont have an "add scores transfer section" there isn't an available actions tab either. My registration is no longer under the "Active Registrations" section either. ..........I think according to your formula its not looking good for me but I'm still kinda confused please let me know what you think. I've attached a screenshot too..

In the same situation... did you end up passing?

I also have this same situation happen to me. What was the end result?