Failed CPJE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bellavida

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Failed CPJE with a 70. Took it a week after taking he NAPLEX. Studied from APhA book, school notes, Appleton & Lane & from the Weissman for law. Looked at the questions posted on CA BOP.
Thought I passed after taking it, but apparently, not.
Any advice on what else to do?
How long does it take to get authorization to take it? Any one with experience with the process?
thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am sorry to hear about your test outcome. From my understanding, the board will provide the authorization to test before the 90 day waiting period passes. It is important to not take the test until 90 days passes by since there is no 'checking' mechanisms to prevent you from taking the exam and it would effectively void your test.

a friend of mine who failed the test applied for retest authorization within 24 hours of getting the results. but got authorization only months later. i believe this was done because the board does not want retesting until 90 days have passed.

Failed CPJE with a 70. Took it a week after taking he NAPLEX. Studied from APhA book, school notes, Appleton & Lane & from the Weissman for law. Looked at the questions posted on CA BOP.
Thought I passed after taking it, but apparently, not.
Any advice on what else to do?
How long does it take to get authorization to take it? Any one with experience with the process?
thanks!
I am sorry to hear about your result. Which section did you score less?
You can apply for the retake, it only takes about 2 weeks for them to process retake applications. I would recommend to wait for 90 days though to avoid any complications.
Good luck

Members don't see this ad :)
i think i am the odd one. i took cpje the day before naplex. back to back. unfortunately, due to the lack of test days available in a given month.

And i passed both. good luck to those who have to go through the journey.

I failed CPJE with a 73. Should I request for regrade? 3 months of waiting is very long. Any advice on what to do? Thanks!

What happens if we retake the test before 90 days? Do they not count whether we pass or fail if we take it before the 3 month waiting period? anybody knows???

What happens if we retake the test before 90 days? Do they not count whether we pass or fail if we take it before the 3 month waiting period? anybody knows???

I think your results would be invalid even if you passed. They know the date you took the exam. I wouldn't risk it.

Hi Guys
I am sorry about your results,CPJE is very clinical,I used Tarascon and it helped me a lot in my preparation.
Good luck

See my post entitled Oct 12 CPJE.

If you are going to use the APhA book, make charts. Otherwise, I hear RxPrep is a good book to use. It's about 250 dollars I believe.