Failed Naplex with unusually low score / score reviewing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chumbimom

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a foreign graduate student. I appeared for the Naplex and I thought I had did pretty well. Most of the questions were flow rate / BMI calculation etc and I had from all most all the the areas...there were hardy any direct questions, lost of case history questions. There were many math questions, even the last set was multiple math questions....i hardly finished with 3 mins to spare ...in the end I was totally freaking out as the math questions wouldn't stop coming and I was worried that I would run out of time.Over all Ok exam, i felt I was able to answer a pretty good number of questions correctly, especially the math calculations I was pretty confident .But finally when the results came , i not only failed but got terrible marks !!! It was a terrible shock.I accept failure...say 70's but never in my wildest dream did i expect such low marks 43.
i am considering giving for score reviewing.Did anyone have such an experience when u think u did ok and fail with terrible marks ? Has anyone given for reviewing the score and actually got a better score back??
Any inputs will be highly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

It is a sad story. I received similar result. It was devastating but after I reading various posts I am getting ready for 2nd try. Multiple math (one after another) questions are indication of wrong answers (the computer wanted to make sure before they rate you) similarly multiple profile questions means you are not paying attention to the profile and doing blunders (general opinion is that you would not have done if you were paying attention). I had similar thought after seeing the result (re scoring) but later educated myself number of question does not really mean anything except where they adjust your score based on missed questions.

I am so sorry about your results. I strongly recommend the "Pass Naplex Now" prep course, and the math questions packet you can get on this site. There are 120 questions on the packet. If you can work those, you should do pretty well on the math part (about 30% of the test). Because of your score, give yourself 3 months of solid studying before sitting for it again.

Reactions: 1 user
I am a foreign graduate student. I appeared for the Naplex and I thought I had did pretty well. Most of the questions were flow rate / BMI calculation etc and I had from all most all the the areas...there were hardy any direct questions, lost of case history questions. There were many math questions, even the last set was multiple math questions....i hardly finished with 3 mins to spare ...in the end I was totally freaking out as the math questions wouldn't stop coming and I was worried that I would run out of time.Over all Ok exam, i felt I was able to answer a pretty good number of questions correctly, especially the math calculations I was pretty confident .But finally when the results came , i not only failed but got terrible marks !!! It was a terrible shock.I accept failure...say 70's but never in my wildest dream did i expect such low marks 43.
i am considering giving for score reviewing.Did anyone have such an experience when u think u did ok and fail with terrible marks ? Has anyone given for reviewing the score and actually got a better score back??
Any inputs will be highly appreciated.
I'm having the same exact situation! I'm really shocked & depressed :(
They sent me an email saying that my scores are on hold for psychometric review due to unusually low score!!! Do you have any idea when they gonna release my scores??? Every time I call the NABP customer service line they reply that they don't know, may be few weeks?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm so sorry to hear these sad stories. I'm a foreign graduate pharmacist as well and I passed from my second attempt. Never give up and try it again. I tried a few different sources for preparation and found out that the PNN worked the best for me. I attended the live course and 1 month later I got 88!!! I think it's impressive. Do your calculations every day until you do " plug in formulas" automatically with short cuts to save some time. I'm not a mathematical mind person but I trained myself with math problems to the point when while reading a problem and already started to calculate it, then did it for a second time to make sure for accuracy. Some problems during the exam were challenging but nothing was extraordinary. I used ProntoPass cards for everyday practicing, Rx prep, PNN and Kaplan(they don't provide too many problems). 2 weeks prior to the exam do your calculations as more as possible. Good luck to all of you.

Reactions: 2 users
I just received my shocking score today, 34 !
hey sofayaya, dont fret or worry - we will be licensed soon, perhaps what we need is many pre-naplex practice sessions to be better test takers. I am debating if it is worth paying 100 dollars to do a rescoring coz the tech says it is highly unlikely for the score to change. Many times I feel like a bulk of the learning comes from internship programs and not reading textbooks 5 times over and to get there we need to get past this one hurdle. Spoke to a local grad who suggested knowing hiv/cancer and autoimmune dx even though they are specialty cases. will pray for all of us :)

I'm having the same exact situation! I'm really shocked & depressed :(
They sent me an email saying that my scores are on hold for psychometric review due to unusually low score!!! Do you have any idea when they gonna release my scores??? Every time I call the NABP customer service line they reply that they don't know, may be few weeks?
I am a foreign graduate and I have a same exact situation. I got email is saying unusual low sore. I was not expecting it. My exam was overall good and my pre NAPLEX sore was 70 that I took few days before my actual exam. What I have to do now, m so depressed, this was my second attempt. I used Rx prep book and complete online course, videos and test bank and got 100% in test bank calculation. I did lots of practice. Please Please can someone give me advice what I suppose to do now where should I start again m so hopeless.

i am a foreign grad too and gave my naplex last week from Michigan. I think i did ok enough to pass but my score transfer shows NULL on the nabp site which most people say its fail .Also On the lara app status Naplex requirment is still there . I used rxprep 2014 and cpr profile question book. I am thinking of buying the new rxprep 2016 along with the online questions. Can anyone guide me here?

Members don't see this ad :)
i2isuleman, can you screenshot what 'my score transfer shows NULL on nabp site'? Are you able to get through to see all US states/territories?

hi ,

Null does mean fail , i wasn't able to transfer scores anywhere . I received my score today of 49 by mail . I used rxprep 2014 and appleton review question book .

hi ,

Null does mean fail , i wasn't able to transfer scores anywhere . I received my score today of 49 by mail . I used rxprep 2014 and appleton review question book .

Hi,

i am a Foreign Graduate too. I am taking the Passnaplexnow COURSE and its very good. try studying from their books and lectures. did you get many math questions/ please help me which areas i must concentrate on. I am applying from NJ.

I am a foreign graduate and I have a same exact situation. I got email is saying unusual low sore. I was not expecting it. My exam was overall good and my pre NAPLEX sore was 70 that I took few days before my actual exam. What I have to do now, m so depressed, this was my second attempt. I used Rx prep book and complete online course, videos and test bank and got 100% in test bank calculation. I did lots of practice. Please Please can someone give me advice what I suppose to do now where should I start again m so hopeless.

Same here! This was my 2nd attempt. Got a similar email & also asks to write them a letter about future steps. Did you get the same?

I'm so sorry to hear these sad stories. I'm a foreign graduate pharmacist as well and I passed from my second attempt. Never give up and try it again. I tried a few different sources for preparation and found out that the PNN worked the best for me. I attended the live course and 1 month later I got 88!!! I think it's impressive. Do your calculations every day until you do " plug in formulas" automatically with short cuts to save some time. I'm not a mathematical mind person but I trained myself with math problems to the point when while reading a problem and already started to calculate it, then did it for a second time to make sure for accuracy. Some problems during the exam were challenging but nothing was extraordinary. I used ProntoPass cards for everyday practicing, Rx prep, PNN and Kaplan(they don't provide too many problems). 2 weeks prior to the exam do your calculations as more as possible. Good luck to all of you.
hi,
did you also give the exam from MI? do you know foreign grads who pass Naplex? many of my contacts say that foreign pharmacists find it very hard to clear naplex.

Can anyone please guide what kind of supportive documents you need to send it to NABP, for getting low score?

do you think the trend is like this in MI for foreign grads?
I dont know .But i bought the new rxprep and their quiz bank .I do the questions everyday and whatever i cant answer i make notes of it .Texhnically each topic on rxprep bank I score 35% which is miserable as i am almost due for my second attempt.
just wanted to followup on you gus to see what your upto and give a little update about mine

Hi everyone, i m a foreign graduate too in the same situation but in GA. Has anyone retaken the naplex? If you passed, what did you do different?

Sent from my SM-G920T using SDN mobile

Hi, I am selling my whole study material that I used and passed the NAPLEX , PNN, Pronto pass and Rx Prep book 2015. PM me please, if anyone is intersted.