Failed NAPLEX

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fisforfluorine

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello -

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Most of my interns used rxprep, you should be able to answer 80% of those questions. What I tell them to do is read through each section then take the tests. If you past the test you are good to go so next read through you skip that lecture. At some point you should have it narrowed down to just the hard lectures. There are a lot of simple sections you should be skipping right away leaving things like infectious disease, hiv, etc where I'd recommend reading right before. I personally recommend skipping oncology, there's too much to know there and most of interns say they get few questions. The most important thing is have calculations down, those should be the gimmie questions

I personally recommend skipping oncology, there's too much to know there

says the guy that thinks hospital rph's are lazy.

ya, just skip what you don't know.

In all honesty - it is so difficult to study for the naplex. How would you study to be on Jeopardy? Either you learned it during your four years or you did not. Definitely spend time on the calculations, that is the only thing that is consistent. I took the Naplex 10 years ago, but I got zero questions on typical chronic disease states (HTN, diabetes, hyperlipidemia) - Most of mine were HIV, TB, hepatitis, and immunizations.

In all honesty - your school failed you. What school did you attend?

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
University of Florida?!?!?! wow. just wow

I recently failed NAPLEX, for the 3rd time- once by 1 point.

Sorry my friend. You may get more help with recent graduates and tips at forum for "Pharmacy Licensure and Exams" Link is here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pharmacy-licensure-and-exams.157/

I would like to know any opinions on the PASSNAPLEXNOW online Live course/content, in addition to the RXprep online system which includes the Test bank system- I have used neither.
.....need constructive criticism/direction.

PASSNAPLEXNOW: I have no comment on PASSNAPLEXNOW because I have no experience with it.

RXPREP: I passed NAPLEX and I give high value and recommendation to RXPREP online test question.

Reason:
Like dancing and giving speech or presentation, we just don't read book and can expect master level for the real fight. We need to practice pulling knowledge out of our head and applying in real situation. By trying to apply in real life, we will realize our weaknesses and know that we have rooms for improvement and go back to strengthen that weak area.

Action:
Because NAPLEX was 4 hours, I practiced 4 hours a day with online questions for 2 weeks before the exam. I woke up early and I took the RXPREP tests at the time that I scheduled for NAPLEX (early in the morning). I even dressed in the same clothes and shoes to be familiar with the environment. I had timer that timed 4 hours so I knew my energy tolerance and restroom needs. RXPREP questions gave me score so I could tell if I was doing well or not. We know RXPREP questions were not and could not legally be true reflection of real questions so I aimed to get 80 percent score of the RXPREP questions before skipping that chapter. My reason was: if I could score 80 percent on the RXPREP chapter, I have somewhat enough knowledge to survive the NAPLEX. I guessed right, I passed and I hope you will soon too.

About math, I trained 2 hours a day. Reason: I heard math was about 30 percent of exam, meaning 30 percent of 185 questions which would be about 55 questions. Many people reported about 30 questions or so. My practice showed me that I averaged about 2 to 5 minutes a math question so I practiced about 2 hours of math to get my brain familiar with many possible math situations. I practiced with math from PRONTOPASS math cards, 120 math questions from Student Doctor Network, and RXPREP book. I believe in muscle memory. The more we practice, the more knowledge gets engraved in brain and knowledge will come out easier to help during tough stressful time.

Good luck on your exam and please read more tips and secrets at forums for taking exam "Pharmacy Licensure and Exams"

Link is here:
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/forums/pharmacy-licensure-and-exams.157/

Reactions: 1 user
If you fail three times, don't you have to take classes to be allowed to take it for a fourth and final time? I know you can only take it so many times.

If you fail three times, don't you have to take classes to be allowed to take it for a fourth and final time? I know you can only take it so many times.
I think the rule is 5 times to fail.

that is just ridiculous - only in america - the land where we give out participation trophies
I agree. The other sad things is there are people that actually fail this many times!

I think the rule is 5 times to fail.

Yes indeed- a new rule limits you to five attempts [but you can get a sixth attempt if a state BOP authorizes it]:

Effective March 1, 2013, candidates will be limited to five attempts to pass the NAPLEX and MPJE. Candidates who have attempted to pass the exams five or more times by March 1, 2013, will be permitted one more opportunity to pass the examinations upon approval from a board of pharmacy. Candidates who have attempted to pass the exams fewer than five times by March 1, 2013, will be subject to the new five-attempt limit. Failure to finish an exam is counted as an attempt.

http://www.nabp.net/system/rich/ric...02/original/naplex-mpje-bulletin-04022015.pdf

If you fail the super easy test known as NAPLEX... I have no idea how you got through pharmacy school.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I just barely passed the MPJE, but that was because I moved to another state after graduation and wasn't as familiar with their laws. I seem to recall the NAPLEX being fairly easy.

Did your school offer any pre-NAPLEX exam? We took that at the end of our third year to get an idea of where our strengths and weaknesses were.

I just barely passed the MPJE, but that was because I moved to another state after graduation and wasn't as familiar with their laws. I seem to recall the NAPLEX being fairly easy.

Did your school offer any pre-NAPLEX exam? We took that at the end of our third year to get an idea of where our strengths and weaknesses were.

The class of 2012 at Touro NY had a 80% pass rate, then the class of 2013 had a 69% pass rate. After that, they added the Pre-NAPLEX exam as being mandatory for graduation.

I can't wait to see how the new admission standards translate to Naplex results.

IMO, they accept a lot of non-English native students at Touro. There were quite a few foreigners in my class. So if they had an issue understanding a question on an exam, a professor might go out of their way to help them understand it. Not possible on the NAPLEX.
I disagree with your out of touch thinking. Being a non native speaker does not mean one does not understand and master the English language. I am sure quite a few of your professors were not native speaker and i also have seen so many health care professionals whose first language is not English but master and understand the English language better than some native speakees

I disagree with your out of touch thinking. Being a non native speaker does not mean one does not understand and master the English language. I am sure quite a few of your professors were not native speaker and i also have seen so many health care professionals whose first language is not English but master and understand the English language better than some native speakees

I'm not saying that they shouldn't accept non-native English speakers.

I'm just saying that from my class, I noticed that most of the failures were among the non-native English speaking students. The others who failed are people who I know definitely cheated their way through pharmacy school.

On the flip side, our valedictorian was a non-native English speaker. (Then again she was a pharmacist for 20 years in her home country.)

I disagree with your out of touch thinking...
I disagree with your disagreement. You are not addressing anything Sparda actually said. I could speculate what actually inspired your response, but that would be nonsense unrelated to the ongoing discourse.

Reactions: 3 users
In that case i dont think the problem with Touro is because they accept non native speakers. Perhaps it is because they accept students who barely speak English or do not master the English Language. NAPLEX QUESTIONS ARE VERY EASY TO UNDERSTAND BY THEY WAY.

I've also heard non-native speakers have a harder time with the NAPLEX. Not because they don't understand the concepts or aren't great pharmacists, but for the simple reason that a second language is difficult to master. Even great students can have problems with second languages if they haven't been inmersed in the language for a very long time.

wow - another SDN thread derailed.
Back to the OP - sue University of Florida to get your money back.

Been out of school for some time, but didn't they reformulate it in the last couple of years.... I could swear I saw the pass/fail stats for all the schools, and it "seemed" as if not as many people passed it the first time.

I think at my school they dropped to like 85-85%. When I graduated 10 years ago, we had a 98% pass rate

I know it's an old thread, but if you failed - don't fret. You can do it. Personally, I graduated in the '17 class and passed last week. I used the Rxprep question bank and video lectures access. I still have access for a year, but I don't see myself ever logging back into it lol

How would you know? The original post was deleted in the two years since the reply you quoted was written.
considering @certified_finest has exactly two posts - the other being on the dental forum - I am 99.9% sure they are just some random troll