Failed Naplex

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Who are your parents? Why they did not prepare to you learn how to talk appropriately. A lot of time, if there is nothing good to say its better not to say nothing. Your posing is rude and unnecessary.

You started this reply with a rude and unnecessary question, and ended it by calling another's post "rude and unnecessary". Well, their "posing" anyway.

For your second "sentence", you used a nonsense jumble of words to imply that they had spoken inappropriately.

Your third sentence was much closer to syntactically correct English, and had a valid point. However, this should have been the entirety of your post if you were hoping to avoid sounding like a hypocrite.

It may help to read what you've written and see if you are criticizing yourself before you submit it for public viewing.

I hope that helps you with your future internet communications. Have a nice day!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
"Biding My Time" :) Sorry that you feel my responses to you are either nice and kind. I have to agree with you for that. And I am sorry that I am not being kind enough for you. That is my fault. I am happy at any forums. I truly hope your future success and have a happy holiday. :)

Last edited:
You started this reply with a rude and unnecessary question, and ended it by calling another's post "rude and unnecessary". Well, their "posing" anyway.

For your second "sentence", you used a nonsense jumble of words to imply that they had spoken inappropriately.

Your third sentence was much closer to syntactically correct English, and had a valid point. However, this should have been the entirety of your post if you were hoping to avoid sounding like a hypocrite.

It may help to read what you've written and see if you are criticizing yourself before you submit it for public viewing.

I hope that helps you with your future internet communications. Have a nice day!

Thank you !! I do have a great day and enjoy being hypocrite. :)

oh, Wait... you didn't like the " nonsense jumble of words"... we have a good laugh here!! Wait until you see my other postings. ;) They are even more ridiculous.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Sorry that you feel my responses to you are neither nice and kind. I agree with you that I should being more kind to you. I am sorry for that I am not being kind enough for you. That is my fault. I am happy at any forum. I truly hope you have a success future and have a happy-happy holiday. Let's wrap up this and let the snow fall.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Um, OK then. Be sure to let your future employers know that (and make sure your college admissions advisor knows that.) It will help to avoid hard feelings if you let people know that up front. :) Just some friendly advice.

Reactions: 1 users
Um, OK then. Be sure to let your future employers know that (and make sure your college admissions advisor knows that.) It will help to avoid hard feelings if you let people know that up front. :) Just some friendly advice.
:) I did not know it is a secret of who I am? I am sure.. they know who I am (through my work) much more than you do. 7 years is not 7 days! Unless you think they are stupid?? I don't think so!! "BidingMy Time", you can save that advice for yourself. It is not a wise advice as usual. :)

Old and wise enough to know that telling people "nice" stuff that will cause them to waste more of their time and money, is not really "nice" in the long run, it actually is harmful in the long run. Hopefully when you get older, you will understand.

Seconded. Sometimes the kindest thing to do is to be direct. Awhile back, I found myself in a job that was a terrible fit. I'm a stubborn bastard, so I thought that if I stuck it out I could make things work, but after a coworker giving me some very blunt negative feedback, I resigned. Did that suck at the time? Hell yes! But after I resigned from that job, I found a much better one, and I'm a lot happier now. If that person had not been direct with me, I would have continued to make myself and everyone else there miserable until I was fired, and I probably wouldn't have had a chance to apply for the great job I have now.

Also, @ashleyhseih, it's worth pointing out that the way this person spoke to me was NOT the way they dealt with patients. Just because a person is direct or blunt in some situations, it doesn't mean that's how address every situation.

Awhile back, I found myself in a job that was a terrible fit. I'm a stubborn bastard, so I thought that if I stuck it out I could make things work, but after a coworker giving me some very blunt negative feedback, I resigned.

Off topic, but I kind of want to hear about this. What were the circumstances and how did it go? I'm about to change jobs and one can't help but worry that you might find yourself in that sort of situation.

Seconded. Sometimes the kindest thing to do is to be direct. Awhile back, I found myself in a job that was a terrible fit. I'm a stubborn bastard, so I thought that if I stuck it out I could make things work, but after a coworker giving me some very blunt negative feedback, I resigned. Did that suck at the time? Hell yes! But after I resigned from that job, I found a much better one, and I'm a lot happier now. If that person had not been direct with me, I would have continued to make myself and everyone else there miserable until I was fired, and I probably wouldn't have had a chance to apply for the great job I have now.

Also, @ashleyhseih, it's worth pointing out that the way this person spoke to me was NOT the way they dealt with patients. Just because a person is direct or blunt in some situations, it doesn't mean that's how address every situation.

Good evening, "Dalteparin" Thank you for your comment. I understand your point and thank you for sharing your story. I am glad that work out for your situation. :)

In many situations, blunt comments just seems more unnecessary than appropriate. The tricky things is when is the right time to be blunt, to whom, and how.... That is why I wrote those quite a blunt responses to "BidingMyTime" and the other person. Just to show what is the result of being blunt? You had read their comments. Did they enjoy those comments? No. Did they happily accept some of my blunt comments are true? No...What I am tried to express is people who wrote those blunt comments, themselves cannot accept when people write them blunt and honest comments. If they cannot accept and appreciate those blunt and honest comments why should they wrote those comments to the other. So being blunt or not being blunt?! I think it may work some time but most time it will just stir up more negative responses than positive result. God bless you Dalteparin and have a good night!!

Off topic, but I kind of want to hear about this. What were the circumstances and how did it go? I'm about to change jobs and one can't help but worry that you might find yourself in that sort of situation.

Basically, my gut told me not to take the job and I should have listened. PM me if you want details because I'm not comfortable posting them here.

ashleyhseih said:
No...What I am tried to express is people who wrote those blunt comments, themselves cannot accept when people write them blunt and honest comments.

I've been on these forums for years and I've never known the people you're complaining about to have a problem taking criticism. They take it just as well as they dish it out. And if you'll allow me, I'd like to give you some blunt feedback: work on your written communication. You make a lot of grammatical errors that will cause people to underestimate your intelligence, and that can hold you back in your career. Not trying to be a dick; I'm telling you this because you seem like a caring individual and I want to help you succeed. God bless you too.

Thank you for your recommendation. And you are not been a dick. You just express to me what you think.
Do people always credit someone have perfect English as intelligence? Yes, some people does, not all the time though! It seems in this word, if you have money and position then you are intelligence. I don't care whether people credit me or not that is not important. Just a small thing to share with you, I came from a poor family. When I just moved to US on 2001, I got fired from one job to another job because I barely speak English. In 2003, I had no place to live and no job. In order to make a living I borrow $1200 dollars from my sister and asked her to sent me some products that I guess, it might sale in US. Within few year, I expand my business from one person business to a small business. My small business have a gross sale of few million dollars per year. I started up my business in all cash, I bought my home in cash, I finished pharmacy program in all cash, and I bought my car in cash. I wrote this to you is not to impress you. People look down at you no matter who you are and no matter how good is your language. I am not intelligence. I just blessed by God. One thing to share with you... my husband always wear " free t-shirt " that people give out on the street such as T-shirt with "budlight" logo on it. Now, I and my husband we have a secure life and very content with it with my terrible English. I laugh at my own English all the time. Why not??? After all, it is a great blessing to be able to laugh. That is why, I don't care to have grammatically correct English. Thank you for your recommendation. I appreciate that. :)

At the risk of derailing the thread: Ashley, I have the utmost respect for immigrants such as yourself who come to the USA to build a better life. People like you are what makes this country great! However, while it's fine to make grammatical errors and not use perfect English at home or on a message board, in school and at work, you must be perfect. In school, poor grammar results in a lower grade. At work it not only negatively affects your image, it makes it harder for people to understand you, which can lead to an error in patient care. There's nothing wrong with having an accent; many good doctors, nurses, and pharmacists do. But your written communication must be perfectly clear so that there are zero misunderstandings. Misunderstandings lead to mistakes, and mistakes lead to patients being harmed or worse.

Naplex is adding a communication section in 2017/18. It'll be interesting to see how this effects pass rates. NABP hasn't said what will be on it though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Naplex is adding a communication section in 2017/18. It'll be interesting to see how this effects pass rates. NABP hasn't said what will be on it though.

I wonder how that will ultimately impact the pharmacy students who don't speak English as their first language. On the one hand, pharmacy school gives students 3 - 4 years to improve their English, but it would seriously suck to make it through pharmacy school but then not pass the NAPLEX due to their communication skills being subpar. I absolutely agree that being able to speak, write, and read English in the US is critical though if you're going to practice here. After all, if someone who primarily spoke English went overseas to practice they would be expected to learn and be able to communicate in the local language.

At the risk of derailing the thread: Ashley, I have the utmost respect for immigrants such as yourself who come to the USA to build a better life. People like you are what makes this country great! However, while it's fine to make grammatical errors and not use perfect English at home or on a message board, in school and at work, you must be perfect. In school, poor grammar results in a lower grade. At work it not only negatively affects your image, it makes it harder for people to understand you, which can lead to an error in patient care. There's nothing wrong with having an accent; many good doctors, nurses, and pharmacists do. But your written communication must be perfectly clear so that there are zero misunderstandings. Misunderstandings lead to mistakes, and mistakes lead to patients being harmed or worse.

Well, maybe you want to help me to learn "perfect English" !! If you want to teach me I will learn. If you don't want to teach me I don't care either. I don't set my goal to have perfect English though. You can try to be perfect yourself. To me only God is perfect. We are only human. I have a very good and steady job and that certainly is not a result of many errors, miss communication, nor causing harm to patients. I came to US is a calling from God, I became a RPH is a calling from God. I am just being a humble servant. I do as what I should do and be where I should be. That is all. What I tried to say is, I don't care to impress people and I am certain I don't cause harm to no one. Furthermore, if God want to me speak in "Perfect English", don't you think that he will make it happen already. Moses lead Israel people out of Egypt, he was an old man with a terrible skill in speaking. I did want to have better English skill before, now I learn, God makes me this way. So relax, have a faith, and let it be. Thing does not have to be your way. God is in control! :)

Beside, Dalteparin, I went to small clam court several times to defend my case. And I won all of them except for one with my imperfect English. That is another fact I share with you. Sorry my English is not perfect, but I am sufficient in God's commends. I hope you understand that. A piece of diploma, a certificate, a perfect English cannot measure a person. Noah build the oak without a diploma or electric tools. How many ark have you build? And how many lives have you save? I did not build any ark, but I would love to serve lives as long as God allow. You look at the world different way than I am. I don't desire your view.

Last edited:
Well, maybe you want to help me to learn "perfect English" !! If you want to teach me I will learn. If you don't want to teach me I don't care either. I don't set my goal to have perfect English though. You can try to be perfect yourself. To me only God is perfect. We are only human. I have a very good and steady job and that certainly is not a result of many errors, miss communication, nor causing harm to patients. I came to US is a calling from God, I became a RPH is a calling from God. I am just being a humble servant. I do as what I should do and be where I should be. That is all. What I tried to say is, I don't care to impress people and I am certain I don't cause harm to no one. Furthermore, if God want to me speak in "Perfect English", don't you think that he will make it happen already. Moses lead Israel people out of Egypt, he was an old man with a terrible skill in speaking. I did want to have better English skill before, now I learn, God makes me this way. So relax, have a faith, and let it be. Thing does not have to be your way. God is in control! :)

Beside, Dalteparin, I went to small clam court several times to defend my case. And I won all of them except for one with my imperfect English. That is another fact I share with you. Sorry my English is not perfect, but I am sufficient in God's commends. I hope you understand that. A piece of diploma, a certificate, a perfect English cannot measure a person. Noah build the oak without a diploma or electric tools. How many ark have you build? And how many lives have you save? I did not build any ark, but I would love to serve lives as long as God allow. You look at the world different way than I am. I don't desire your view of point.

Beside, Dalteparin, I went to small clam court several times to defend my case. I studies the law myself to prepare to defend my case. And I won all of them except for one with my imperfect English. That is another fact I share with you. Sorry my English is not perfect, but I am sufficient in God's commends. I hope you understand that. A piece of diploma, a certificate, a perfect English cannot measure a person. Noah build the oak without a diploma or electric tools. How many ark have you build? And how many lives have you save? I did not build any ark, but I would love to serve lives as long as God allow. You look at the world different way than I am. I don't desire your view of point.

Beside, Dalteparin, I went to small clam court several times to defend my case. And I won all of them except for one with my imperfect English. That is another fact I share with you. Sorry my English is not perfect, but I am sufficient in God's commends. I hope you understand that. A piece of diploma, a certificate, a perfect English cannot measure a person. Noah build the oak without a diploma or electric tools. How many ark have you build? And how many lives have you save? I did not build any ark, but I would love to serve lives as long as God allow. You look at the world different way than I am. I don't desire your view.

First, stop being so defensive. I am not trying to pick on you or make you feel bad, I am trying to help. Second, sure, if you want feedback on how to improve your written communication, I am happy to help! I think it would be rude of me to publicly list all the mistakes you make, but I'd be glad to help you over PMs.

Number three, I don't think I've made myself clear. Of course no human is perfect - but if you're going to communicate with other professionals, your writing must be. If it isn't, people might misunderstand you and you could accidentally cause someone harm. I'll give you an example: I once had a student from a foreign country who continually used the word "calcium" when he meant "potassium." Mistakes like that kill people! You seem like a compassionate person and a faithful follower of Jesus, and I would hate for you to have something like that on your conscience!

This isn't about whether I believe in God or His plans (I do believe in those things), or about me thinking that you're a bad person or somehow "less than" anybody else here (I don't think that). This is about desiring excellence in all things and wanting to avoid mistakes. If I moved to a foreign country, while I'd probably always speak with an accent, I'd want to be certain I could write the language perfectly before I started practicing as a pharmacist.

First, stop being so defensive. I am not trying to pick on you or make you feel bad, I am trying to help. Second, sure, if you want feedback on how to improve your written communication, I am happy to help! I think it would be rude of me to publicly list all the mistakes you make, but I'd be glad to help you over PMs.

Number three, I don't think I've made myself clear. Of course no human is perfect - but if you're going to communicate with other professionals, your writing must be. If it isn't, people might misunderstand you and you could accidentally cause someone harm. I'll give you an example: I once had a student from a foreign country who continually used the word "calcium" when he meant "potassium." Mistakes like that kill people! You seem like a compassionate person and a faithful follower of Jesus, and I would hate for you to have something like that on your conscience!

This isn't about whether I believe in God or His plans (I do believe in those things), or about me thinking that you're a bad person or somehow "less than" anybody else here (I don't think that). This is about desiring excellence in all things and wanting to avoid mistakes. If I moved to a foreign country, while I'd probably always speak with an accent, I'd want to be certain I could write the language perfectly before I started practicing as a pharmacist.

:) ..I am not being defended by your writing at all. And I don't feel that you are trying to make me feel bad. Didn't I wrote to you " if you want to teach me, I will learn ."...If I feel you are putting me down, why would I wrote that. Maybe you read my message wrong.
However, I do think you think "too highly" for have writing in perfect English. Maybe I also have many other responsibility on my shoulder so I just don't think that is my priority. I usually put God first, then everything will turn out just fine.

"I'd want to be certain I could write the language perfectly before I started practicing as a pharmacist." ... That is your opinion. I don't know why you feel that way but you don't need to explain to me why. Just do whatever you want.

:) I am glad that you also learn some gospel. That is good for you. And I hope you will continuing your learning through out your life. If you pray have Christ's spirit come in to your heart that will help you look the world in different way. It takes a lot of practice and I still practice that everyday. :)

OK, I'm done. I'm not sure if it's the language barrier or something else, but you obviously are not reading what I write, and I cannot have a discussion with someone who won't listen to me. Please, for your own career and the safety of your patients, re-read and prayerfully consider the points I've made. My offer to help correct your grammar stands, if you'll actually listen to me.

To the OP, I think you need to understand that for readers there are several topics queued by your situation. In addition to what you should do now (your question) is the question of how this happened and what can be done to keep it from happening to others (community questions). This being an Internet forum, you can't expect my your question to be addressed. The nature of a thread is for multiple people to offer thoughts and related thoughts and discuss.

With regards to what you should do now, you obviously need to engage in NAPLEX prep before sitting for the exam again. You should look up what percentage of the NAPLEX has what type of questions and identify your deficiency areas using a study guide that includes self assessment quizzes or a practice exam with a key. Then, you should do general prep but focus on those topics.

Since you did well in classes, it may be fair and rational to say that your school let you down. Your school curriculum should have contained enough of the right type of material to allow you to get through the NAPLEX successfully. If you retained your coursework content, the content of your classes must have been insufficient. That is not to say that it wasn't rigorous or relevant, just that there were probably too many gaps to have prepared you fairly to sit for the NAPLEX.

Schools with low pass rates overall or those with good students who fail despite retaining their knowledge should really be forced to make curricular revisions in a timely manner. There will always be students who skated by during school, those who don't test well, or those who don't retain knowledge and fail to refresh themselves via exam prep. Those aren't really the fault of the school. I would think flagging low pass schools for curricular intervention and requiring swift curricular revisions for student failure on a topic area beyond a reasonable threshold for any school would lead to a better overall education for students.

That said, reading comprehension is key for passing written exams. I have found that reading each question twice helps me to make sure I understand fully.

:) I did not know it is a secret of who I am? I am sure.. they know who I am (through my work) much more than you do. 7 years is not 7 days! Unless you think they are stupid??

"...that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." -Inigo Montoya

Looking for a study partner for naplex whether in person near katy texas or via skype . I wrote it once, scored 71 but am a foreign graduate and could use the guidance of someone who studied in America. As for my experience with naplex on mar 7 : I got bombarded with Cancer, HIV , Hep C and Biostats. All 4 chapters I skimmed assuming there are more practical things to test a practicing pharmacist. I admit I did not study a lot juggling a 3 year old in half day school however I assume that there is a reason I have to do this one more time before I can attempt my 1500 hours of internship. Bummed out only because I deprive my child of my attention all over again for the next 3-4 months. Appreciate positive comments, and for those with negative comments : thank you anyway. I wish you well TOO ! What are the odds texas would allow me to start few hours on internship based on passing MPJE till I can resit for the NAPLEX ?

Everyone says the nabplex is a piece of cake. I remember I took both the CPJE and Nabplex at the same time period. Everyone was telling me that the CPJE was hard so when I took the test I read every question and thought it out. I ended up with a 95 on the CPJE. From what everyone was saying I thought the nabplex would be a joke and just clicked away during the test to get a surprise score of 74. I was in shock and people laughed at me but it was because I thought the test was a joke. The second time I took it I got a 93. Just take the test seriously and you will pass.

Everyone says the nabplex is a piece of cake. I remember I took both the CPJE and Nabplex at the same time period. Everyone was telling me that the CPJE was hard so when I took the test I read every question and thought it out. I ended up with a 95 on the CPJE. From what everyone was saying I thought the nabplex would be a joke and just clicked away during the test to get a surprise score of 74. I was in shock and people laughed at me but it was because I thought the test was a joke. The second time I took it I got a 93. Just take the test seriously and you will pass.

Or its because you took the wrong test. You should have taken the naplex not nabplex. Very common mistake though.

Or its because you took the wrong test. You should have taken the naplex not nabplex. Very common mistake though.
Might have been called NABPLEX in the past?

He's obviously an old timer. The test was Nabplex when I took it as well (national association boards of pharmacy licensing exam.)

And yes, when I took it the law test was harder, just because IL did their own and all the questions were terribly worded so it was a struggle to figure out what the question was.

He's obviously an old timer. The test was Nabplex when I took it as well (national association boards of pharmacy licensing exam.)

And yes, when I took it the law test was harder, just because IL did their own and all the questions were terribly worded so it was a struggle to figure out what the question was.

I was assuming he was a new grad and was just busting his balls. I have no idea what tests California had back in the day. I'm from the midwest

SOAP notes or a written SBAR would be ideal

I was assuming he was a new grad and was just busting his balls. I have no idea what tests California had back in the day. I'm from the midwest

Well Zelman is correct, California didn't use the NABPLEX (I don't know what their test was called. I think 48 of the 50 states used the NABPLEX before it became NAPLEX. So what the poster actually took, who knows. If he was getting licensed in more than 1 state, that might explain him taking the NABPLEX and the CA law exam (he still would have had to take California's pharmacist exam)

It'll probably be a section on the wrong and right things to say to patients and doctors and nurses. "it's not ready" = insta fail