Failing comlex 2 ce

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LoveMedicine100

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I need some advice. Does anyone know of any family med residencies that will take someone who failed comlex 2ce then passed the second time around?

Im a lil late in the game, are there any residencies out there ?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I need some advice. Does anyone know of any family med residencies that will take someone who failed comlex 2ce then passed the second time around?

I'm sure there are plenty, but you need a passing score before they will rank you.

Are you asking about applying for the 2014 match??? If so, you need to apply right now. As in, today. This moment. Many places are done scheduling interviews. You can still get some from the programs who aren't finished yet and from programs that will schedule people as others cancel, but you need to submit right now. As for FM programs that will consider someone with failures, many will so long as you pass your retake.

Members don't see this ad :)
In Michigan....those folks rotated there though, and were awesome at rotating...just bad test takers. You can fail a step exam and be fine at a place that you rotate well for FP, IM, and er at some places. Just don't send your step 2 and be honest where you interview.

For family....man I feel like you could be OK with not releasing your failed score, retake and pass in advance of ranking...contact the programs with your passed step 2. Whether you tell them at interview is another thing, but honesty is my policy. I am also applying acgme so it may be wise to ask around in the FP forum.