Fairleigh Dickinson University-FDU School of Pharmacy 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

17pharm

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey i just got my interview invitation and was wondering if anyone had any idea what i should expect. I hear its a new program but i went to the open house last week and the Pharmacy building is sooooo modern looking? anyone else?

Members don't see this ad.

Someone from my undergrad class went to FDU. I talked to them during the virtual fair and whoever I was talking to was very rude. I lost interest in the school shortly after.

Hey i just got my interview invitation and was wondering if anyone had any idea what i should expect. I hear its a new program but i went to the open house last week and the Pharmacy building is sooooo modern looking? anyone else?

I've read from last year's thread that a majority of applicants had their master's. and also the DEAN of the school itself is against the pharmacy profession. But hey, who cares right? As long as you get your degree. good luck!:thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Someone from my undergrad class went to FDU. I talked to them during the virtual fair and whoever I was talking to was very rude. I lost interest in the school shortly after.

thats strange..wen i call them about my application on the phone someone nice always picks up right away...(maybe cause my stats are really high? )

thats strange..wen i call them about my application on the phone someone nice always picks up right away...(maybe cause my stats are really high? )

Someone nice always picks up right away because they can sense the person calling has high stats?

Someone nice always picks up right away because they can sense the person calling has high stats?

It was a joke...i think ur attitude is the problem not the school...But lets not get carried away with nonsense ....i just wanna open a disscussion About my approaching interview....

Thanks!

Hello all.
I'm thinking about applying here as well. I currently live and attend school in CA, but grew up in MD, so this school would be close to home.
I am surprised, however, how competitive this school already is for being so new. I hope I eventually get an interview.

Good luck to everyone.

Im currently finishing up my BA in history from NYU gpa 3.41. My pre pharm 3.27 science pcat 71 composite. My friend is in their first class and says its an awsome program but is alot of work compared to other first year profession pharm programs.

Members don't see this ad :)
Where did you get the impression that it's competitive to get into this school?

I interviewed here last week.....i was the only one with a Bachelor's degree... ready for the kicker? There were 29 other applicants, they all had their masters...:oops:

I interviewed here last week.....i was the only one with a Bachelor's degree... ready for the kicker? There were 29 other applicants, they all had their masters...:oops:

is that suppose to make me less nervous or more nervous?

Hi everyone!
I just received an interview invite here but will be declining my interview. Just wanted to say good luck to everyone!

Hello! I applied to this school early in December but have not heard from them yet. Was I suppose to receive a "File Complete" email? How long after you submitted your application did they notify you of an interview? This thread is very quiet which worries me a little. I hope their accredation is still on track. This school is not my top choice, but may end up being my top if things do not go according to plan with the other schools I applied to. Some acknowledgement from the school would be nice though.

Hello! I applied to this school early in December but have not heard from them yet. Was I suppose to receive a "File Complete" email? How long after you submitted your application did they notify you of an interview? This thread is very quiet which worries me a little. I hope their accredation is still on track. This school is not my top choice, but may end up being my top if things do not go according to plan with the other schools I applied to. Some acknowledgement from the school would be nice though.

When I applied, they just sent an interview invite. They are on break until next week so that's probably why you have not heard from them yet. I had an interview in December and while it's a nice school, it wasn't for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

When I applied, they just sent an interview invite. They are on break until next week so that's probably why you have not heard from them yet. I had an interview in December and while it's a nice school, it wasn't for me.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

Hello 753915,

I have an interview with fdu coming up. I'm super nervous! This will be my first interview. Could you share your experience to help calm my nerves, please!!

Hi Everyone,

I have an interview coming up on the 2nd of April and I was hoping someone could give me some pointers, such as questions they might ask, if it's open or closed file and if there is an essay component. I did my undergrad at FDU and had a great experience; teachers are always friendly and approachable. Anway, if anyone can share, I would really appreciate it!

Thanks a million!

I applied by the March 1st deadline to FDU. PharmCas has finally finished the verification process of my application.

I have a M.S. in Bio with a M.S. GPA of 3.47 + good experience in research...so, I figured that I'd have a good shot at FDU. But, I heard bk from the admissions saying that I need to give a PCAT or GRE.

I feel that because I applied late, it has put me at a disadvantage as they have already filled in the class for 2017. What are your thoughts about this? What should I do?

I applied by the March 1st deadline to FDU. PharmCas has finally finished the verification process of my application.

I have a M.S. in Bio with a M.S. GPA of 3.47 + good experience in research...so, I figured that I'd have a good shot at FDU. But, I heard bk from the admissions saying that I need to give a PCAT or GRE.

I feel that because I applied late, it has put me at a disadvantage as they have already filled in the class for 2017. What are your thoughts about this? What should I do?

Most schools require the PCAT, even if you have a graduate degree. Exceptions are schools in CA, LECOM, and maybe some others.

FDU is still interviewing, so the class is not full, but without have taken the PCAT/GRE I'm not sure you will be considered for admission this cycle. The next PharmCAS cycle opens on June 1st, so start studying for the PCAT now and apply early. Good Luck! :thumbup:

Hey guys,

I'm actually a student in the class of 2016 fdu school of pharmacy. First I want to say that all this talk about everyone having a masters degree prior to entry is false. There are a few but not many. Most people have their BS or BA, I, however am one of the few that do NOT have a Ba or BS degree. My gpa was 3.5, and I took the GRE and did AVERAGE. So I hope that this eases your nerves a bit. Also interviews can go all the way through MAY.

Has anyone else been accepted for the fdu class of 2017 yet?

i interviewed on the 11th april and was wondering if anyone interviewed on that day and have anyone heard anything from the admissions committee.

I've received my acceptance letter. Does anyone know of a good place to stay near Florham Park or is looking for a roomate?

The FDU thread is kind of dead what's going on? Anyone got accepted and planning to attend? I got accepted but still unsure if I want to go to a pre-candidate school

Congrats interviewed on 04/11 and have being put on the waiting list. Sad!

Interviewed end of march...what state are you guys from?

Have u being accepted in any schools if not then I think u shud accept fdu. Btw am from nj

Yes I did. I applied to Midwestern Chicago

Hey guys,

I'm actually a student in the class of 2016 fdu school of pharmacy. First I want to say that all this talk about everyone having a masters degree prior to entry is false. There are a few but not many. Most people have their BS or BA, I, however am one of the few that do NOT have a Ba or BS degree. My gpa was 3.5, and I took the GRE and did AVERAGE. So I hope that this eases your nerves a bit. Also interviews can go all the way through MAY.

Hey could you please tell us a little more about your first yer and how about the labs. When do u guys start work with the compounding lab!!!

The FDU thread is kind of dead what's going on? Anyone got accepted and planning to attend? I got accepted but still unsure if I want to go to a pre-candidate school

There's no doubt the school will move on to candidate status and even be accredited but what would be the chances of obtaining a residency and what abt the job market like if there are two students one from fairleigh and the other from FDU will there be a choice made so as to decide whom to give the position!??

There's no doubt the school will move on to candidate status and even be accredited but what would be the chances of obtaining a residency and what abt the job market like if there are two students one from fairleigh and the other from FDU will there be a choice made so as to decide whom to give the position!??
I got accepted and attending this coming fall also. I interviewed back in October. I definitely agree that the school will be accredited, but they are not allowed to be fully accredited until their first graduating class (class of 2016). The most difficult part of the accreditation process is becoming pre-candidate.

I think that it is too soon to start evaluating the job market because it changes year to year. But, the fact is that for the most part this tristate area is becoming saturated and is pretty saturated (for retail at least, I don't know much about all of the other areas of the job market for PharmDs) and you have a better chance of interning while at school here and then work as a pharmacist after graduation at another store more west or south like delaware or maryland. I don't think it matters what school you came from for the most part. I believe the PharmD curriculum is more or less the same across the country, but FDU gives you the Masters/PharmD option after your first year, which I see it as bettering the pharmacy profession and gives us student pharmacists more options coming out of pharmacy school as well as separation from the normal group.

I believe if you want to become a retail pharmacist in the tristate area, think about the 6+ schools who graduate roughly 100-200 students every year.

I saw a few people posted here about getting accepted for the Fall 2013!! Congrats! Looking forward to meeting everyone at orientation in August?

Does anybody know if fdu is still interviewing.

Has anyone being accepted or rejected from the people who interviewed on 11th April

I interviewed on April 9th and got accepted. I believe they still making decisions.

I got accepted and attending this coming fall also. I interviewed back in October. I definitely agree that the school will be accredited, but they are not allowed to be fully accredited until their first graduating class (class of 2016). The most difficult part of the accreditation process is becoming pre-candidate.

I think that it is too soon to start evaluating the job market because it changes year to year. But, the fact is that for the most part this tristate area is becoming saturated and is pretty saturated (for retail at least, I don't know much about all of the other areas of the job market for PharmDs) and you have a better chance of interning while at school here and then work as a pharmacist after graduation at another store more west or south like delaware or maryland. I don't think it matters what school you came from for the most part. I believe the PharmD curriculum is more or less the same across the country, but FDU gives you the Masters/PharmD option after your first year, which I see it as bettering the pharmacy profession and gives us student pharmacists more options coming out of pharmacy school as well as separation from the normal group.

I believe if you want to become a retail pharmacist in the tristate area, think about the 6+ schools who graduate roughly 100-200 students every year.

Hey thanks for the insight. I believe you are right because technically a lot of positions other than retail are still available in market. So hopefully it turns out to be for the better.

Anyways I am attending as NJ is home and I won't hv to give up my work :) so FDU it is!!! It's great congratulations and hopefully I will see you and everyone else attending FDU this fall at the orientation :)

question answered! disregard this post

Last edited:
Can't wait to meet you all at Orientation week. I'm looking for a place to live and a roommate? Any ideas please? Congrats to everyone who got in :)