Falcon Summer Immersion Course

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Atley Jackson

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I have taken a Kaplan summer course twice and took the MCATS and recieved a just above average score, which is not enough with my GPA. I am considering taking the Falcon review course this summer; however, I have had some problems with them.

I signed up for a double occupancy room and i thought the price could be split among two ppl, but i misundersood so long story short, i need a refund until I could come up with more money. It took them almost 3 weeks for them to refund the money to my and my friends credit card.

Also on their website it says you will be staying inthe Double Tree Hotel in TX and I called them yesterday and they said it is not longer being held there.

After doing some research I have found that Falcon is probably as good as any other course, but the fact that you are in a hotel with nothing to do but MCAT sounds like it will work for me.

My question is has anyone here RECENTLY taken this course. I saw some relatively recent posts; however, the responses almost seemed like it was a Falcon representative writing them, which obviously make me weary. Any help would be appreciated. I want to take the MCAT in August.

I have read as many forum as I could regarding this so please try not to post links leading to other forum threads about this unless you really think I have not seen it.

Thank you all very much.

Members don't see this ad.

Do you live in Texas? I went on their website and looked at their guarantee policy.It didn't seem that impressive to me considering the amount of work you have do(traveling, expensive tution....).Basically, it states that if you don't do well they let you take the course again...for free.They don't seem to give cash refund. Most prep companies(Kaplan and TPR) give the same guarantee and have a bigger reputation.....for half the price. You may wanna ask them if they have a poll of their students' performance in recent MCAT. TPR has a study in which the top half their students score a 30 and above(not sure what that means). I'm sure Kaplan and EK conduct similar studies.

Also I heard that EK has a very Intensive review MCAT course which maybe what you are looking for. Ek seems to be popular here so you may wanna go on an EK theard to inquire more. Of course, not unless you are dead set on Falcon.
One more advice, before you sign up for any program/course see if you can sample(skim through) of a copy of their prep materials. I sampled Kaplan, EK and TPR before i decided to study with TPR material since I liked their style better. Don't let the fancy brochure and marketing ploy do the work.

I heard that the Kaplan immersion course was very expensive, Falcon is 2,900. And I do agree, they dont seem to have much of a reputation which worries me. And a standard summer course for Kaplan and TPR is around the same at 1500ish i think.

It's a tough call, but I think I'm leaning towards a traditional summer course at this point and since I've already tried Kaplan (which wasint bad, but my undergrad studies took priority at the time) I'm going to try TPR probably.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think TPR has a similar immersion course.
In a sense, you're right, but it's actually a much bigger, more focused (and more expensive) deal; it's discussed here. That thread also has a link to a TPR page explaining it.