Fall 2012 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I visited UTD last year and they really did a fabulous job in setting up a visit for me. I don't think I've ever EVEN seen six AuD faculty members in one day but at UTD, I met with six faculty members, separately, in one day. They are really interested in meeting their applicants and they really go out of their way to host.

I actually was able to meet with several faculty members during my visit to UIowa in March of 2010. Maybe it was because the application season had just wrapped up, so they had extra time, or maybe they're just accommodating? Off the top of my head, I met five "big names," plus the clinic director and I was able to sit in on a Pro-Sem (weekly seminar of Speech and Hearing type topics) talk. I would have met Dr. Bentler that time, too, except she was in Paris.

I think what it comes down to is announcing your interest in meeting with people one-on-one and calling/emailing with enough time for them to set up meetings and figure out schedules and such. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Freaking out here!!! I'm taking the GRE in a few days and I'm scared!

Members don't see this ad :)
OKAY! I'm taking the new version now!!! I guess it's true, people do better on the second one. Is anyone else taking the new version or are they content with their GRE score from the old test?

I just decided on going to school for Audiology. I will be applying to AuD programs this fall. How many schools is everyone applying to? I have no problem applying to a lot, but I worry that professors will get annoyed if they have to send the letters to so many schools.

Here are some schools I am interested in applying to:
Salus University
Towson University
East Carolina University
UNC at Chapel Hill
University of Maryland
University of Florida

Does anyone have any information about these schools, such as whether or not they would recommend them or how hard they are to get into? I have a 4.0 GPA and will be taking my GREs in the fall.

Another question is that Salus requires a letter of recommendation from a practicing audiologist. I was wondering how I should go about getting this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

I just decided on going to school for Audiology. I will be applying to AuD programs this fall. How many schools is everyone applying to? I have no problem applying to a lot, but I worry that professors will get annoyed if they have to send the letters to so many schools.

Here are some schools I am interested in applying to:
Salus University
Towson University
East Carolina University
UNC at Chapel Hill
University of Maryland
University of Florida

Does anyone have any information about these schools, such as whether or not they would recommend them or how hard they are to get into? I have a 4.0 GPA and will be taking my GREs in the fall.

Another question is that Salus requires a letter of recommendation from a practicing audiologist. I was wondering how I should go about getting this?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Lots of good schools on there. I only have first hand experience with UNC which is very competitive. They bring in about 40-50 applicants split into 2 sessions to do interviews and then admit after that. I made it to the interview phase but was waitlisted after that. I had 3.3x GPA with 1300+ GRE and I think I interview well, but you don't see any feedback from that so I may not have.

Florida is always very well regarded. Several of the people I interviewed at UNC with also were applying to Florida. Salus seems to be either loved or hated by people in the field. If you search the old threads here, you can get a picture of that. There is an audiologist at one of the children's hospitals in town who graduated back when it was PCO roughly 5-10 years ago and she is a very good audiologist from what I have seen. YMMV as I have known people at various programs who have said you will get out of the program what you put into it. Regardless of how great or poor the teachers are, you, the student,are still responsible for learning the information and developing the necessary clinical skills.

As far as getting a letter of rec from an audiologist for Salus, have you done any shadowing or observation with an audiologist? That would be the best way to get the letter, and I would recommend observation/shadowing anyways just to see some of what goes on in the field.

Thank you! I have shadowed SLPs, but just recently decided that I am pretty sure Audiology is for me, so I have not observed an audiologist yet. I will be sure to observe one in the fall. I already considered doing that to get the letter of recommendation, but I wasn't sure if an audiologist would write a letter of recommendation if I just shadowed them once or a few times.

Is anyone else getting the acupuncture treatment? :p

Applications are already stressing me out! Especially the requirements for writing the statement of purpose. Oh well, I'm sure the stress gets worst when you're in grad school.

Applications are already stressing me out! Especially the requirements for writing the statement of purpose. Oh well, I'm sure the stress gets worst when you're in grad school.

while apps are very important and stressful, you would be correct in your statement that grad school is more stressful. this is but the onramp to what will be a pretty steep climb. but keep at it!

i'm going through the same thing applying for externship and writing cover letters. it never ends!!!!

This is good - current Au.D students being honest about grad school. Can you imagine how many undergrads I know that don't realize the reality of it all? A lot! = (

STAY AWAY for Aud!!!! before burning your young years and hard earned cash....

Members don't see this ad :)
1) I am not wasting my young years.
2) Others and I did our financial research before choosing this career path and there are plenty of scholarships and GAs to apply for. I actually believe they're worth applying for. Definitely not for an individual whose lazy or careless.
3) Salary depends on WHICH part of audiology you're working in.
4) Salary also depends on WHERE you're living.
5) I have a hearing loss and know a lot about audiology, so I know what I'm getting myself into.

I don't consider this area a waste of time and obviously you have no passion in this field. I'd hate to have an audiologist who has no enthusiasm and no care for their patients. Well, actually I've experienced two of them and switched clinics. One of them eventually lost partnership of a private practice.

I'm curious, why did you choose this career in the first place?

Last edited:
Anyone currently applying to Au.D programs for Fall 2012?

Last edited:
Anyone currently applying to Au.D for Fall 2012?

I am applying to Salus, ATSU, ASU, and SDSU. I did horrible on my GRE back in July, and now I am stuck with taking a new revised version in late October. In the meanwhile, I have already asked my Director of Audiology at a nearby Speech and Hearing Center to write me a letter of recommendation, so I hope that will turn things around in my favor.

After volunteering at the center as a hearing test assistant for the pediatric side, I think it has reaffirmed my decision in jumping into this field despite coming from a very different major. The gratification one gets from helping these kids with impaired hearing and balance is immense. During one of my observation, I witnessed a 5 month old baby smiling after she had been fitted with hearing aids and was able to hear for the first time. It was mind-boggling to me how the role of an audiologist can be so impacting on the lives of so many people. Yes, salary is a crucial factor, but for me, 60K a year is enough to live comfortably especially when you compare it to the living conditions of where I was born. When one also takes into account of the set hours (typically 9-6 at my center) of an audiologist in addition to all the other job perks, life isn't so bad, but I guess that is subjective to what is your American Dream. So to arrive at my point, I suggest all applicants get as much exposure to this profession as possible before making your decision. You do not want to regret anything after committing a few years in graduate school along with the loans :)

By the way, can anyone here share some of the possible interview questions that admissions might bring up? I might be getting ahead of myself, but I have always been curious about that portion of the admission process.

I suggest all applicants get as much exposure to this profession as possible before making your decision. You do not want to regret anything after committing a few years in graduate school along with the loans :)
I certainly agree with you on this one! Also, try to get your hands wet in different areas of audiology like working at the VA, ENT office, CIs, pediatrics or educational setting, etc. That's pretty much what I did for the last two years and it has definitely been an eye opener. If you have little to no exposure, bless your soul my dear because if you get into a grad program you'll most likely will wonder, "Well, why I'm here!" Avoid this from happening!

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I'm applying this year! I graduated last spring but wanted to take a year off before grad school. I'm mostly applying to schools in the midwest (where I live) but I am also applying to one or two in the northeast. I'm not taking my gre until early november. I'm really excited. I'm mostly interested in working for the VA or at an ENT office, as my interests definitely skew away from kids. Am I the only one worrying about the money? I am scared about all the loans I'll have to take on when audiologists really don't make much for a 4 yr degree.

The money and the future of the profession is in private practice. I would suggest staying away from VA and ENT if you can. At this stage in the development of the profession it is important to become independent. 93% of dentists are independent and that is a figure audiology needs to aspire to. I was initially interested in the hospitals and such but after researching I have realized that is the wrong track. You don't want to be under someone else' thumb when it comes to practicing. When you work for someone else they make the rules and they set the pay scale. Private practice audiology is seen as a good risk for banks so they are not to afraid to give out loans. Of course the credit market is tight right now and you will not be opening a clinic or being partner in a clinic when you first get out but I would suggest not looking to stay in a VA or hospital setting for long if you can because those settings will be the slow death of the field. Average salary for private practice owners is $80,000 which is 15k or so more than you get in other settings. Owner or Co-owning comes with it's own issues but better for to have some business hassles than be under the thumb or someone else. Future Audiologists reading this look to get into a private practice as soon as you can and tell all your classmates the same. If you want money and a good future you will forgot about VA and ENT nonsense.

If any FA 2012 applicants have questions about the program at Wash U in St.Louis, I'm a current student and will give any help I can.

And I wouldn't worry too much about student loans. There are many scholarship and grant opportunities out there, plus most students have part time jobs for extra cash. For after graduation, there are also many loan repayment programs through the government, military, and organizations like the NIH.

If any FA 2012 applicants have questions about the program at Wash U in St.Louis, I'm a current student and will give any help I can.

And I wouldn't worry too much about student loans. There are many scholarship and grant opportunities out there, plus most students have part time jobs for extra cash. For after graduation, there are also many loan repayment programs through the government, military, and organizations like the NIH.

loan repayment at the rate of sacrificing lifestyle? you mean go work in the desolate area of North Dakota?
Fall 2012 applicants really need to reevaluate.. i had alread started on Uni of Wash application when i came across this forum.. my oh my.. i am getting out of this ...
I really do not believe CNN or US news or some ranking that said audiology is one of the best profession.. ( for what is my question?)

Hey KitKat I'm definitely applying to WUSTL (probably my top choice, I doubt I'll get in though) and I'd really like to hear how you like it, the intensity of the classes, how does your clinic/class time work. I'm attracted to the program for various reasons but especially because they seem to have a larger number of off-site clinics then many other schools. Is there a large emphasis on research?

Hey KitKat I'm definitely applying to WUSTL (probably my top choice, I doubt I'll get in though) and I'd really like to hear how you like it, the intensity of the classes, how does your clinic/class time work. I'm attracted to the program for various reasons but especially because they seem to have a larger number of off-site clinics then many other schools. Is there a large emphasis on research?

KitKat, I'm also interested in WUSTL (even though I won't be applying until Fall 2013). I'd love to hear your thoughts! I'm mostly interested in pediatrics, if you know much about that.

loan repayment at the rate of sacrificing lifestyle? you mean go work in the desolate area of North Dakota?
Fall 2012 applicants really need to reevaluate.. i had alread started on Uni of Wash application when i came across this forum.. my oh my.. i am getting out of this ...
I really do not believe CNN or US news or some ranking that said audiology is one of the best profession.. ( for what is my question?)

I know this person is banned but I'd still like to say there is no need to talk about ND like that. I'm from SD and both states are surprisingly awesome and I could expound on their virtues for hours but I won't because that's boring and no one ever believes me anyway. Ah, geez.

My only reply to this is that if you are passionate about your career, you are willing to do whatever it takes to make it happen.

Rhombacube--I didn't think I would get in either, so don't get discouraged! The admissions committee really looks at the whole person when making their decisions--GPA/GRE is not their top focus. I would definitely try to visit the program, if that is feasible for you. I'm a first year and so far I really like it, but it is a big adjustment from undergrad. Right now, our class load is not bad, and we have clinic once a week. You get thrown in right away, which is scary but it is exciting as well. This semester we are only placed at an in-house clinic, but then they begin to ease you out into more diverse settings. There are many research opportunities, and most of the professors are conducting their own research. There are also research grants available for summer, semester, & even a pull-out year available.

BrianaGrace17-There's nothing wrong with starting early! I'm also interested in pediatrics, though we don't really do much with that the first year. However, St. Louis Children's hospital is on the Wash U Med School campus and is available as a practicum site. Our program also shares a building with the Central Institute for the Deaf, which has both a school and pediatric clinic.

Hope this helps!

Pre-application visitation anyone?

Definitely learned a lot when I visited for a one-on-one visit/interview and it's definitely better than just attending an Open House. At an Open House, depending on how "big" or "well known" this school is, you might have the opportunity to speak with the faculty one-on-one, but at some you may not.

So, has anyone visited schools yet or waiting until after the admissions process?

Some schools I'm visiting before, some after. I am unemployed (gap year) and I simply don't have enough funds right now on top of all the grad school expenses (my transcripts alone will cost me $150) and my loans to visit all the programs, but hopefully I can visit most of them.

Some schools I'm visiting before, some after. I am unemployed (gap year) and I simply don't have enough funds right now on top of all the grad school expenses (my transcripts alone will cost me $150) and my loans to visit all the programs, but hopefully I can visit most of them.

I hear you on the transcripts! I forgot about them until too late so probably spent over $200 on rush transcripts even though I only applied to two schools... mostly because I had to send 4 transcripts to each school!

Starting early and allowing plenty of time for transcripts (or saying, "hold for degree conferred") is so crucial to not overspending!

Hey everyone!

I am going crazy with applications and was wondering if everyone else is in the process of applying too. I also started volunteering at an audiologist private practice this semester and love it. It makes all this work not so bad because I'm really excited to start grad school!

Has everyone decided on their final list of where they're applyiing? I'm curious how many places everyone is applying to as well.

I'm applying to
Vanderbilt
Univeristy of Maryland
Towson
& a school in Philly that starts and ends with an S that I've learned I shouldn't name on this forum ;) - I actually have an interview there in a few weeks; Has anyone else gone to an interview there?

Also, I'm kind of wondering about the interview process in general. I assumed that all schools require interviews, but the audiologist I observe said that she did not have to interview at Vanderbilt (where she went) and most of the others she applied to. I also did not see anything on most of their websites about interviews so I was wondering if all schools pretty much require an interview or if I just assumed that? Also, when do the interviews usually happen? My schools are all pretty far away from my college and I wasn't sure if I'd be missing a lot of school to do this. (Although I know it'd be worth it)

& then another concern that I have is that I have an interview at the unnameable school in a few weeks and I'll find out in the beginning of December if I got accepted and I'll have to tell them in two weeks from then if I'll be attending. While I am considering going there, I won't have even visited all of the schools at that point, let alone have found out if I got in or how much assistance they can offer. Also, while I liked the school a lot when I visited, I've heard a few negative things since then that make me nervous!

Sorry this is long. I have a lot I'm wondering about right now!

Last edited:
The vast majority of schools do not require interviews. I applied to a LOT of schools and the only one that required an interview was the crappiest of the bunch. They also required me to let them know right away and to give them a $500 deposit. I told them no. I'm starting to wonder why it's the crappiest schools that tend to require an interview. Maybe they think it makes them seem more official?

Not to rag on interviews in general though. I know that some great programs, such as UNC, require them and, in fact, I think every Au.D. program should.

It strikes me as very shady that S___S is requiring you to let them know so soon if you will be coming. Sounds all too familiar. If they offer you admission but tell you that they can't let you know if you're getting funding or not, then I recommend that you either turn them down or place a deposit and continue with the process, keeping them as a back-up option. It really just depends on how confident you are that you will get in elsewhere.

Good luck!

Hey everyone!

I am going crazy with applications and was wondering if everyone else is in the process of applying too. !

Hey, you are not alone! I am going crazy over here, too! After being a member of this forum for a couple of years and being that it's finally my turn to apply puts a lot of pressure on my back! A lot of you guys are wondering where I'm applying to and if I get accepted, waitlisted, or rejected is just ahhhh!!! If you know what I mean. Same thing with my family and friends! I bet yours, too, are being the same way!

Which schools am I applying to? Well, you'll have to wait until the official acceptance/reject thread is posted! :p I don't want to look like a fool!

We can only try our best and see what happens. Be prepared if you get waitlisted or rejected. I''ve been there before and I wasn't prepared. Whatever! Be optimistic!

Alright, lets DO THIS!:highfive:

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies! Now I'm starting to wonder if I should be applying to more! I just figured I would know about S***s soon enough that if I got in, I wouldn't have to worry that I won't get into anywhere or if I don't get in, I might be able to do a couple more last minute applications. Also, they require a $500 deposit, but they give $400 back if you withdraw, which isn't too bad.

I'm surprised, but it is a relief that most schools don't require interviews. I thought they did for some reason and I was worried about finding time to do all of this.

So GRE scores are posted for people who took them in August and part of September! I was all excited and nervous to get my scores and then... I have no idea what they mean! I got a 159 in verbal and a 160 in quantitative. Also, my writing score is a 4.5. Does anybody know how to compare the new scores to the old scores? Thanks!

So GRE scores are posted for people who took them in August and part of September! I was all excited and nervous to get my scores and then... I have no idea what they mean! I got a 159 in verbal and a 160 in quantitative. Also, my writing score is a 4.5. Does anybody know how to compare the new scores to the old scores? Thanks!

Well...isn't out of 170 or 180? Either way those scores look great! :). The writing score is solid as well. You should be in good shape for the application process.

Thanks for the notice! I have no idea what my scores mean either, but I'm assuming the percentile is most important. It tells the viewer where you're sitting at in terms of "below average," "average," or "above average". You should be within the top group. :) Hope that made sense! I'm in between average and above average. I think I'll try one more time. My brain is running like an engine than it did during the summer when I took the test, so I think maybe I might do a better job on the next one. :laugh: Good job by the way, Kerrianne!

I am applying to:

Vanderbilt
University of Maryland
San Diego State
Pittsburgh
Idaho State

I have a complicated GPA. I have a 3.8 from my last 60 or so credits, but 3.41 over my last 120, and in addition I have other (bad) credits from a failed first attempt (over 10 years ago) at college. My GRE scores are 1280 and 5.0 on the writing. I think I will get very positive letters of recommendation from professors I had, but I have less experience observing or working in clinic than I would like since I also work full time in a non-related field. I think I should get into one of these school, right?

I am applying to:

Vanderbilt
University of Maryland
San Diego State
Pittsburgh
Idaho State

I have a complicated GPA. I have a 3.8 from my last 60 or so credits, but 3.41 over my last 120, and in addition I have other (bad) credits from a failed first attempt (over 10 years ago) at college. My GRE scores are 1280 and 5.0 on the writing. I think I will get very positive letters of recommendation from professors I had, but I have less experience observing or working in clinic than I would like since I also work full time in a non-related field. I think I should get into one of these school, right?

Your cumulative GPA is decent but programs will pay more attention to your last year or two of undergrad so you are in good shape on that front.

Last edited:
Hello everyone! I am excited to find a great group of folks with knowledge of AuD programs and applications. I am a Psych major with a minor in Speech-Language-Hearing Sciences. My GPA is 3.2 and my GRE (new exam) are looking really low, 145 and 138. I am not sure if I have time to retake the exam, let alone have the money to pay for it again right now. I started out in nursing for several years and realized that was not my thing. I transferred schools for a fresh start and to take SLHS courses. Audiology is something I have always been interested in partially due to a hearing loss I had as a kid. The science behind it is very interesting too. I focus my psychology studies on biological psychology and perception. So I am big on peds and auditory processing. I would be curious to see what you all think. I want to apply to:
*Arizona School of Health Sciences
*Western Michigan University
*Illinois State University
*University of Nebraska
*Pacific University
*Texas Tech

Recent graduate and I learned that larger programs had more diverse clinical rotations. Small programs tended to focus more on research so that faculty could publish and less on clinic. They didn't have enough clinic patients so kept their program small. Take a look at programs accredited by the ACAE (acaeaccred.org). These are the programs really focused on audiology education.

Take a look at programs accredited by the ACAE (acaeaccred.org). These are the programs really focused on audiology education.

Hi all! I'm new to this forum, but the info I'm reading is very helpful.

Thanks AuD Doc for the ACAE link. I just checked it out and looks like there are just four ACAE programs (NC-Chapel Hill, Nova Southeastern, Wash U/CID, and Central Michigan), which is interesting.

I've been working on my applications to Au.D. programs and hope to get everything wrapped up over my winter break, but haven't finalized my list of schools quite yet. I just can't afford to apply to a bunch. My big interests are peds and CIs and I want a program with lots of hands-on and some research experience.

I've been making some visits and those I've visited have been very interesting, to say the least. Some great and some not so much (in terms of the "feel" - how welcoming, how happy the students seemed, etc.). Some won't let me visit until I'm deemed worthy (my word) - don't know how I feel about that. :laugh: Anyone else having that experience?

My GPA and GRE scores are good, but I'm sure not the best the programs will see, but audiology is my passion, so hopefully that carries some weight.

Can't wait to follow everyone on the application adventure!

My big interests are peds and CIs and I want a program with lots of hands-on and some research experience.

welcome wannabeaud! from my experience i recommend going with a school that has ties with a clinic that has a thriving CI popluation and has support personnel that works with the speech and language development of post-implant children. I am totally blanking on the name of the person or the position, hopefully someone can help me out.
But, if you end up not finding a program like that, which i doubt there are really very many of, don't fret because you will really get your training and education regarding CIs during your externship year. Of course this means you will want to go to a clinic that is very strong in CIs, like NYU's Cochlear Implant clinic for example. Let your program know of your aspirations and if they are less than helpful dont be afraid to try to make your own connections and bring them back to your program. not only will you help yourself in the process but also future students just like yourself.

Well, I'm slogging my way through the application process. I must say I do appreciate those schools that use the CDSCAS! Finally have my letter of rec, but have horrible writer's block on my SOP. I am normally a prolific writer, but the sheer gravity of this essay is overwhelming!

My school selection is a little different, my fiance and I decided to apply to schools that had both our programs or at least schools in the same city... unfortunately we have oddball programs (audiology & medical physics -- yes we're both nerds) so there aren't many school/cities with both. In no particular order:

1. Wayne State
2. Vanderbilt
3. SUNY Buffalo
4. U of Oklahoma
5. U of Wisconsin
6. SDSU

I attended teh SDSU open house and really liked the faculty and the program. I did ask about their earlier drop rate, which had ceased -- they are no longer having the drops. They admitted they had accepted individuals who really had no concept what audiology was and decided they didn't like it once the started the program. Personally, I can't imagine applying to a graduate program without making a point of knowing that I want to do that career! I really liked their proctoring quarter - students are put onto teams with the otolaryngologists at the UCSD medical school and participate in team treatment of patients. And you get to observe no less than five surgeries during this segment -- that would be so intriguing!!

I am becoming more and more enchanted with Vanderbilt. Looking at the different programs I'm realizing I really want a program that integrates their audiology department with the medical school. The research options at Vanderbilt and the structure of their program looks so appealing. I'm going to visit Vanderbilt next month so I'm sure I'll be even more enamored. But I'm afraid to get to focused on any one program lest I not get in.

Wayne state looks interesting too. I really don't know much about the other schools yet. Still working on researching those more thoroughly. I'd like to visit more schools but time and cost are a factor. I probably should visit Wayne State -- the program might impress me enough to get over the fact that it's in downtown Detroit :laugh: I spent a lot of time in my younger years in that area and don't have the greatest memories of downtown Detroit -- though I hear it's been revitalized.

I've done my undergrad in CSD. My overall GPA is 3.75, my last 60 is 3.85 right now (if I keep up the As it will be 3.89 for grad in May). I write the GRE on the 20th so we'll see how that goes. But I don't any volunteer/shadow experience which makes me nervous for these applications. I have a job and have been taking 15-18 units a semester so I haven't had time. I'm planning on getting at least some hours in over the winter break. But I am an adult student who has been a dental assistant for nearly 20 years so I have a lot of clinical experience -- I know I enjoy working with patients and some of the realities of clinical life. Dentistry & Audiology actually have a lot in common as far as the nature of the work/practice management etc for private practice.

As for research areas... I've no idea. It is all fascinating to me! At the moment I want to be a part of almost every research avenue I read about. Like a kid in a candy store.

So input on any of the schools would be great. Anyone here attending any of these schools? Visited them?

I'm almost done with apps, just need to send in a few more things. Here is my final list:

1. University of North Texas
2. University of Arkansas
3. University of Oklahoma
4. University of Maryland
5. Texas Tech
6. Lamar University
7. Louisiana State
8. Louisiana Tech

Does anyone have advice for getting started with student loans. I know nothing about them and have no idea where to start?

Does anyone have advice for getting started with student loans. I know nothing about them and have no idea where to start?

After you are enrolled (sometime around mid-July, actually), your school will give you your financial package and allow you to take out loans. This has to be done through the school. You can't just contact the government and say, "Yo dawg, gimme twenty-k." ;)

Word of advice: Do your FAFSA and send it in to each school you are applying even if you are yet to be accepted. Do this WAY before the February 1st deadline because it takes time for the application to be processed.

I was late in turning mines in and I missed out on grants and work study funding. It was a huge hit considering how much I'm paying for my program :/

Word of advice: Do your FAFSA and send it in to each school you are applying even if you are yet to be accepted. Do this WAY before the February 1st deadline because it takes time for the application to be processed.

I was late in turning mines in and I missed out on grants and work study funding. It was a huge hit considering how much I'm paying for my program :/

great advice. bumped

Hey guys!! im a new member here!! I've just completed my course and am now a pharmacist but i hate hate hate it!! i've been thinking about doing audiology for a long time and have decided i will apply for the 2013 uptake (such a long way away but i guess it means i can try to do my best to improve my chances of getting in) since i have missed the 2012 applications. Its so nice to read all your comments. How did everyone go?? good news from all of you i hope!! im really worried they will look at me and reject me because i don't have a speech and language background!! im really interested in audiology though. What things could i do to improve my chances of getting in besides shadowing an audiologist??