fall back careers if I fail the NAPLEX?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BBW123

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was curious to know if I fail or never take the NAPLEX if there are still careers available for a PharmD? I heard if you do a fellowship then you do not have to worry about taking the NAPLEX but it is too late for me to apply for a fellowship. Is the PharmD worthless without being a RPh?

Members don't see this ad.

I was curious to know if I fail or never take the NAPLEX if there are still careers available for a PharmD? I heard if you do a fellowship then you do not have to worry about taking the NAPLEX but it is too late for me to apply for a fellowship. Is the PharmD worthless without being a RPh?
Yes, the PharmD is worthless (financially) without a passing score on the NAPLEX. Sad but true.

It is a minimum competency exam.....I can see not taking it seriously enough and failing it on a first attempt, but if you made it through even the ****tiest pharm school, you should pass the exam on a retake if you put any effort into preparing. If you didn't learn the material well enough in school to be unable to pass the NAPLEX, you definitely wouldn't get a fellowship, either. Why is this is even an actual question? :p