Fall science classes. Do i include them?or not?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

youngy

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Okay, heres the deal.

I didnt do too well in histology and animal physiology during my undergrad and never got around to retaking it.

I am applying this cycle with 3.4 gpa and 24aa25ts but since i am not guaranteed a seat anywhere, i want to prepare for the worst and take some upper level classes including those two classes that i did not do well in the fall so when i reapply next year, it will show that i have taken some upper level classes and have done well on it(hopefully).

So if i sign up for these classes for fall, should i include them in the aadsas app or not?

Is it up to me?

If i do put it in the app, wouldnt my application be on hold until i get my grades in decmeber?

Also, what classes would you recommend taking during a gap year if i do not get accepted?

Members don't see this ad.

Just put them in your planned courses if you intend to retake them. No, this won't cause your app to be held up.

Why waste the money and time? Your GPA is fine and you destroyed DAT. Just relax and wait for some interviews.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why waste the money and time? Your GPA is fine and you destroyed DAT. Just relax and wait for some interviews.

Well, you'd think that, but histology and animal phys are one of the few important classes, so if I happen to not get in this cycle, hopefully I will have retaken those classes and have gotten good grades to show.

I don't know, it' s just an idea, these two classes just worried me a little.

Just put them in your planned courses if you intend to retake them. No, this won't cause your app to be held up.

so the admission will not be contingent on what grades I get on these classes since I already fulfilled my pre-requisites?

What classes look good on the app if I do happen to get good grades on them?

Thanks

Those are healthy stats, I'd be feeling pretty good about this cycle if I were you!

As for repeating classes...I'm sure it's not a bad thing if you really want to. I know I was quite disappointed in myself after a bad semester with a few C's, and I wanted to retake the classes to prove myself. However, UTHSC admissions told me that it would be preferable to take new classes instead. Cell/Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Microbiology, Immunology, Embryology, Histology, Genetics, or Biochemistry 2 would all look good. Or switch things up and show off your dynamics with business and sculpting classes.

Those are healthy stats, I'd be feeling pretty good about this cycle if I were you!

As for repeating classes...I'm sure it's not a bad thing if you really want to. I know I was quite disappointed in myself after a bad semester with a few C's, and I wanted to retake the classes to prove myself. However, UTHSC admissions told me that it would be preferable to take new classes instead. Cell/Molecular Biology, Neuroscience, Microbiology, Immunology, Embryology, Histology, Genetics, or Biochemistry 2 would all look good. Or switch things up and show off your dynamics with business and sculpting classes.

I think I read similar thing else where to not retake the class unless that class is a prerequisite. I guess it really doesn't matter if you retake them or take something else that is equally difficult because retaking the same course doesn't mean that bad grade will not be counted towards GPA.

Thanks for the advice, I will look into one or two of those classes.
I am also thinking about latin or spanish classes.