Familiar with this? Not satire.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Psyclops

1K Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Psyclops said:

Unfortunately I know of others. There is one out there on suicide that is a pro-suicide website and it is just one of the things that motivates me every day (since suicide prevention is my passion). It is a pretty sick website, but websites like these are the reason I am passionate, you know?

Psyclops said:
I had a patient who I saw briefly (2 sessions) last winter who's a moderator on one of those sites. Not sure if it's still up and running, as many of them have been shut down or have gone underground to escape criticism.

Actually, she just called me again last week to see if I had openings (coming back to town for the new school year), but since EDs really aren't my forte, I referred her out.

Members don't see this ad :)
Wow...I'm horrified.

(I wonder if Mary-Kate Olsen approved the use of her image for the site? Probably not, I'm guessing.)

WOW! wow. This is one of the few incidences where I am opposed to free speech. It is hard to believe it is NOT satire. Unbelievable.

Do a little more searching and you will find plenty more like it. It was much bigger a few years ago, they caught a bit of flack. Can you imagine that?

Do a little more searching and you will find plenty more like it. It was much bigger a few years ago, they caught a bit of flack. Can you imagine that?

I actually did search some more and found some pro-suicide sites, and the most horrific of all, the church of euthanasia. Apart from being completely stunned, I'm now worried that someone will see all these websites I checked out and have me hospitalized. :)

It really is awful. I don't know what could be done, though.

Thanks PH. I'm happy my ISP address got logged into that site. You gotta give some warning about that man!

I actually did search some more and found some pro-suicide sites, and the most horrific of all, the church of euthanasia. Apart from being completely stunned, I'm now worried that someone will see all these websites I checked out and have me hospitalized. :)

It really is awful. I don't know what could be done, though.

Hey, I would be the first to be hospitalized...I study suicide so you can only imagine the PDF files I even have on my desktop right now!

Seriously though, those sites and especially the forums are scary!

well, again- many of them have gone underground and tightened their security because of the flak.

example- I re-located the one that my former patient is a part of after I looked at this thread, and now you cannot get past the home page without registering.

people who have been on these websites pass the addresses on while they're in treatment, etc, in order to increase membership. my patient told me she was a mod on an ED forum, and I specifically asked her if it was a treatment/support forum or a pro-ana forum. she lied to my face and told me it was treatment, but had also given me the web address. needless to say, the entire site was quite the eye-opener for me. (unfortunately, I never got to address the lies, etc, as her mom decided she'd only pay for a psychiatrist, not a therapist, and I don't work for free.)

Thanks PH. I'm happy my ISP address got logged into that site. You gotta give some warning about that man!

Hey, as long as your DNA doesn't match, you'll be OK! ;) :laugh:

True! These days, no matter how disturbed you are, you can't just turn yourself in for a crime without evidence.