About the ads

1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Family medicine in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by aterry, Apr 27, 2012.

1. This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. aterry

aterry

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey everyone! Love this corner of SDN. I was wondering if anyone could provide any information about practicing family medicine in Tennessee. I am from Nashville but have been gone since college. I am looking to move back after residency (and considering possibilities for residency in the area). I would love to know about salaries (and please specify in patient vs outpatient vs medical director/SNF/hospice), lifestyles, job market, career planning advice and anything else I am missing. Ideally I am looking to have a group practice that is outpatient and I would like to do a fair amount of GYN but probably not obstetrics and I would do a little pediatrics. I am also working on my MPH so I plan on using that in some capacity like working with non profits like planned parenthood. Any advice would be great and since I know it's a hot topic with the election and all--if you have negative feelings about planned parenthood I certainly respect your opinions but conversion is not the goal of this particular post. Let's keep it as upbeat as possible haha ;). Thank you!!!!!
  2. cabinbuilder

cabinbuilder

Attending Physician
    Physician SDN 7+ Year Member
    just do a google search and go on any job site. i.e. MDjobs, locumtenens.com, etc and that will answer any questions.