About the ads

Family medicine in Tennessee

Discussion in 'Family Medicine' started by aterry, Apr 27, 2012.

1. SDN is a nonprofit organization. Services are made possible through the generous support of SDN members and sponsors. Thank you.
  1. aterry

aterry

Resident [Any Field]
    SDN 5+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    Hey everyone! Love this corner of SDN. I was wondering if anyone could provide any information about practicing family medicine in Tennessee. I am from Nashville but have been gone since college. I am looking to move back after residency (and considering possibilities for residency in the area). I would love to know about salaries (and please specify in patient vs outpatient vs medical director/SNF/hospice), lifestyles, job market, career planning advice and anything else I am missing. Ideally I am looking to have a group practice that is outpatient and I would like to do a fair amount of GYN but probably not obstetrics and I would do a little pediatrics. I am also working on my MPH so I plan on using that in some capacity like working with non profits like planned parenthood. Any advice would be great and since I know it's a hot topic with the election and all--if you have negative feelings about planned parenthood I certainly respect your opinions but conversion is not the goal of this particular post. Let's keep it as upbeat as possible haha ;). Thank you!!!!!
  2. cabinbuilder

cabinbuilder

Attending Physician
    Physician SDN 7+ Year Member
    just do a google search and go on any job site. i.e. MDjobs, locumtenens.com, etc and that will answer any questions.