Army Family medicine residency with OMM clinic

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Which Army family med programs have an attached OMM clinic?

I have found Tripler that does, but havent seen any information regarding others.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
803--Be very cautious with OMM clinics in the Military. It usually devolves into a chronic pain clinic and along with that the most unpleasant type patients. Many physicians use it as a dumping ground. Go in with eyes wide open man!

Edit- I did plenty of OMM during my tours. I was with aviation units, I found OMT very useful with the problems faced with cramped cockpits and ejection seats coupled with long missions.

803--Be very cautious with OMM clinics in the Military. It usually devolves into a chronic pain clinic and along with that the most unpleasant type patients. Many physicians use it as a dumping ground. Go in with eyes wide open man!

Edit- I did plenty of OMM during my tours. I was with aviation units, I found OMT very useful with the problems faced with cramped cockpits and ejection seats coupled with long missions.

I can see your point, but that being stated, if an FP wants OMM experience, this may be a good way to keep up their skills. I am not an FP, but I will admit that I do regret allowing my OMT skills to atrophy over time. I was never a fanatic or "guru" in medical school, but I sure wish that I could have retained some of the basics.

On the other hand, if you wish to avoid the dumping ground, as suggested above, stay fresh and well read on the subject matter. That will be your challenge.