FAMU 2020 Pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
OMG !!! I just received an interview invitation. So excited. My last name start with a "K" . Now, lets all plan in regards to the interview. I look forward to meeting you all. Good luck to anyone who is still in await of their invitation.

Reactions: 1 user
OMG !!! I just received an interview invitation. So excited. My last name start with a "K" . Now, lets all plan in regards to the interview. I look forward to meeting you all. Good luck to anyone who is still in await of their invitation.
CONGRATS!!! So happy for you!

Did you hear from them ? If not, did you call them to check your application status ? Please let me know

I already emailed them and they said its suppose to say pharmacy undergraduate.

I have not heard from them but my last name is a T so I probably won't hear yet.

Don't worry eddyLO

Members don't see this ad :)
I already emailed them and they said its suppose to say pharmacy undergraduate.

I have not heard from them but my last name is a T so I probably won't hear yet.

Don't worry eddyLO

I think your last name is the reason why. You should hear from them tomorrow or monday. Best of luck. And keep me informed.

Last edited:
I just scheduled mine for April 7th at 1pm

I am scheduled for march 24th at 11am. I am probably the first person to be interviewed lol. I chose march 24 because I have another interview at April 04.

I am scheduled for march 24th at 11am. I am probably the first person to be interviewed lol. I chose march 24 because I have another interview at April 04.
Well that's perfect cause you can give the rest of us the intel haha

Hi EddyLO:

1. Well considering you have already turned in your application. Basically now you wait until you get a letter inviting you to an interview (I received my letter March 20, 2012). The letter will include a set of interview dates (March 29-30, April 2-6, April 9-13, and April 16-20. These were the dates 2 years ago.) You will contact the number listed in the letter to tell what date and time you will like your interview on. You show up on the interview day (you prob should bring a friend who can drive, because parking is horrible depending on what time you come). The interview will be intense (there could be 2-5 people interviewing you). The acceptance letter time may vary. They will not decide until after the last interview day (I heard back late April or mid June).

2. Contact the undergrad admission and ask them how do you go about changing the major that you placed on your application. At this point, the college of pharmacy is more concerned with if you got accepted into the university itself (since you have to be accepted at FAMU first in order to be admitted into the pharmacy professional program).

3. I can answer what you want to know about the school, but I need you ask me what do you want to know.

Hello, my interview is next two weeks. Please brief me on what expect, what to bring with me , questions to practice, etc.

Anyone know how I should prepare for this interview ? What questions to expect ? my interview is next two weeks

Anyone know how I should prepare for this interview ? What questions to expect ? my interview is next two weeks

ithink wrote a few questions on here from his interview and I also saw some from previous years on this forum:

1. Why are you interested in becoming a pharmacist?
2. What characteristics do you have that will make you a successful pharmacist?
3. What kind of pharmacy practice are you interested in and why?
4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
How will you deal with these?
5. What pharmacy experience have you had?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
8. What appeals to you about our pharmacy program and curriculum?
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?

Best of Luck!! Let us know how it goes! I have my interview for April 8

ithink wrote a few questions on here from his interview and I also saw some from previous years on this forum:

4. What are some of the most important issues you see facing pharmacists currently and in the coming years?
6. Give me an example of a time when you made a mistake at work or in school. How did you resolve it?
7. Give me an example of a time when you had to communicate a complex concept or idea to another person.
9. Tell me about a situation in which you had to learn how to do something quickly and how you handled it?
10. As you know, admission to our program is highly competitive. What do you plan to do if you are not accepted
at this time?

I got this from last year's thread. Thanks a lot tho

I got this from last year's thread. Thanks a lot tho

:/ Yeah that is all I see too...but from what I can tell most questions are similar to that so practice those and it should be good!! I will keep looking and let you know if I find anything

whats the address of the building where the interview will be conducted, as they did not include it in the letter
I want to be sure .

whats the address of the building where the interview will be conducted, as they did not include it in the letter
I want to be sure .

1415 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida 32307

Have you been to the campus? It is easy to get there...the GPS takes you directly to the building. When you enter go left to the elevators and go to the third floor. The office is on the right.

1415 S. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd.
Tallahassee, Florida 32307

Have you been to the campus? It is easy to get there...the GPS takes you directly to the building. When you enter go left to the elevators and go to the third floor. The office is on the right.

No this is my first time. And im coming from Jersey. Thanks for the info

at this time?

These are the same questions the P1 I know said he was asked and he said they also asked about health disparities and how you would help the problem

Congrats everyone on getting an interview. I obtained an interview via email! Last name starts with a B.

Anyone that has tips on interviews please feel free to share!

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am the same user as tech2pharmd18. Haha, for some reason my phone app won't let me sign in with my Facebook account so I had to make up a new account to be able to use the app on my phone.

Does anyone know about how many candidates are selected for an interview? I would just like to know that compared to the amount of seats..

Does anyone know about how many candidates are selected for an interview? I would just like to know that compared to the amount of seats..

I have no idea ? I think they invite everybody who applies to the program. After the interview, they then evaluate your whole application with your interview performance. I mean is there anyone who applied but was invited for an interview ?

I will be lying if I say I dont think about admission to the program everyday. Lol

I have no idea ? I think they invite everybody who applies to the program. After the interview, they then evaluate your whole application with your interview performance. I mean is there anyone who applied but was invited for an interview ?
The P2 I know said they receive over a thousand applications each year and only interview a few students over the 150 seats available, so maybe they'll interview under 200 people.

The P2 also said to be sure you know your personal statement inside out because they will quiz you on that also.

The P2 I know said they receive over a thousand applications each year and only interview a few students over the 150 seats available, so maybe they'll interview under 200 people.
But it also depends on how many pre-pharmacy students are admitted into the program. The less admitted the better chances us transfer students have.

Good luck to all the students who have received interview invitations and those who are waiting to receive their interview invitations. I was just in your shoes last year this time; patiently waiting and getting frustrated with the waiting process. But as the saying goes, good things come to those that wait. I had to wait until the the first day of orientation to receive my acceptance into the College of Pharmacy. I wish you all well in the upcoming weeks. I know this can be a stressful process for some and somewhat discouraging. But as long as you have faith, everything will work out the way it's suppose to. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

Hello everybody I'm also applying as a transfer student for Fall of 2014. My last name starts with a Q. I sent in all of my paperwork and transcripts in November 2013. I really hope I get a invite for an Interview, Wish me luck

I checked my mailbox and nothing; but I will patiently wait for my letter I don't mind. Did everyone get an interview letter through email? Please let me know.

Hello everybody I'm also applying as a transfer student for Fall of 2014. My last name starts with a Q. I sent in all of my paperwork and transcripts in November 2013. I really hope I get a invite for an Interview, Wish me luck

I think we have to wait; my last name starts with a T. I hope we get in; I also turned in my application in November 2013.

Good luck to all the students who have received interview invitations and those who are waiting to receive their interview invitations. I was just in your shoes last year this time; patiently waiting and getting frustrated with the waiting process. But as the saying goes, good things come to those that wait. I had to wait until the the first day of orientation to receive my acceptance into the College of Pharmacy. I wish you all well in the upcoming weeks. I know this can be a stressful process for some and somewhat discouraging. But as long as you have faith, everything will work out the way it's suppose to. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask.

What were you asked during your interview ? Any tips ?

Yes I submitted an electronic copy, but it didn't seem to send. I did print out the electronic and sent it to them in a packet that contained: the application, letters of recommendation, and transcripts. I did the same for the undergraduate application; I sent it by hardcopy.

Nothing is pending in my irattler; I just think it's cause my last name is T. Ill wait for it.

Me
Me too Hvt I've lost countless hours of sleep over this lol

It's okay just relax and be patience. It might be here this week! Lets keep each other posted since our last names are close lol

Last edited:
Do
It's okay just relax and be patience. It might be here this week! Lets keep each other posted since our last names are close lol
Not only are our last names close we also turned it in on November lol

Do
Not only are our last names close we also turned it in on November lol

That's so true!! It took them until December to process mine. I am excited for everyone :). I hope to see you too there.

Yes I submitted an electronic copy, but it didn't seem to send. I did print out the electronic and sent it to them in a packet that contained: the application, letters of recommendation, and transcripts. I did the same for the undergraduate application; I sent it by hardcopy.

Nothing is pending in my irattler; I just think it's cause my last name is T. Ill wait for it.
Yeah I know this whole submitting electronically and by hard copy has thrown a few people off so as long as you did that I'm sure you will be fine... :)