FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I'm dealing with the same situation. I was told that they are working on our fin aid. As far as calling and not getting through...you have to continue to call until you receive the call waiting messages about the college...then after a additional 15-20 min someone will pick up.

Then to top it all off i was told that im not going to receive a lot of money because im still considered ungrad.

Exactly this, i did my MPN on July 10th almost a month later and it's still not showing on the irattler site for me to accept the award. i have called and spoke to no less than 4 people on seperate occasions.

While i do appreciate that they consider it undergrad for tuition reasons it does make it difficult to extra money.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi Chris! I am also in the same predicament. However, it is my understanding that they will post the financial aid awards for all incoming P1 students couple of days after we register for our classes. A P2 student has assured me that all will work out and that I just have to be patient with the adminstration.

Reactions: 1 user
Hi Chris! I am also in the same predicament. However, it is my understanding that they will post the financial aid awards for all incoming P1 students couple of days after we register for our classes. A P2 student has assured me that all will work out and that I just have to be patient with the adminstration.

i hope so, it's just frustrating when do stuff early and you want everything lined up so that there's nothing to worry about at the end.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm dealing with the same situation. I was told that they are working on our fin aid. As far as calling and not getting through...you have to continue to call until you receive the call waiting messages about the college...then after a additional 15-20 min someone will pick up. I agree its really frustrating...considering i turned in all of my stuff really early soo that i would no be in this predicament. Then to top it all off i was told that im not going to receive a lot of money because im still considered ungrad. :( I called a couple of weeks ago (cops) and was told that we are supposed to sign up for classes and purchase books during orientation. AND on top of that i have sent in my transcripts (3) times for them to tell me they have not receive them and that i still have a hold on my record!!! AGHHHHHH....

I'm in the same situation. Yesterday, I requested 2 sets of transcripts for Ms. James and undergrad admissions. I hope this time it goes through. I'm thinking about going back and requesting more and just hand deliver them myself when I move to Tallahassee. I don't know if it is true, but I was told that Ms. James could change our status to graduate so we could request more money. I rather do that then request a private loan. I will email her and ask her.

I know this was addressed to Chris, but thank you prepharmd20 for what you said here :thumbup:

I don’t know if it is true, but I was told that Ms. James could change our status to graduate so we could request more money. I rather do that then request a private loan. I will email her and ask her.

Seriously? i will have to call today or tommorrow and ask about that i applied for a private loan but dont want it :mad: althought the varible intrest rates are really low now if you have good credit, but i prefer to go fedral all the way.

Ok couldn't wait, they cannot change your status unless you already have a bachelor's degree, if you do I think you can change it.

LOL...i called about the same thing 3 weeks ago and they told me the same thing...only thing that is giving me comfort right now is that...we are not the first incoming class of pharmacy students EVER at famu and hopefully these are just some of the NORMAL issues that occur. AND they (cops) understand the situation.

Does anyone have an itinerary for orientation?

Seriously has anyone herd anything about fin aid?

mine finally updated on irattler last thursday(i did email a few people in financial aid), i know irattler was down all last week have you checked today?

mine finally updated on irattler last thursday(i did email a few people in financial aid), i know irattler was down all last week have you checked today?

Can you please provide the email address that you used?

I have a question for the students attending FAMU in Crestview, Fl. I live about 10 minutes away from the building. I plan to go into pharmacy after I graduate high school this year. I'm currently dual enrolled at NWFSC where I have five classes this semester. Can you tell me a bit about your experiences so far as the first class. Also what does it take to get in? Is it a full 6 year program or would I need some sort of pre-pharmacy?

Any P1 would like to share their experience so far at this school?

Hello everyone! i'll be attending the crestview campus this fall. I'm currently in the process of trying to set up living arrangements! Can anyone give me some idea of where to start?

Thanks!