FAMU College of Pharmacy 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does anyone know when they are sending out there letter? IS it this upcoming week or the second week of May?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know when they are sending out there letter? IS it this upcoming week or the second week of May?

I called today and they said within 10 business days. So hopefully that means next week at the earliest and 10 days at the latest.

Hmmm. I saw this on Facebook:
"I am so happy. I have just been accepted to Hampton University and Florida A & M university for pharmacy school. I think Hampton, Va is the next destination. Long time coming but everything happens for a reason. Thanking the Him for all my blessings"

Either this person is lying or have an inside source. If it is the latter, it must be nice

Members don't see this ad :)

I heard that letters should be going out about the 2nd week in may because they are waiting on the pre-pharmacy students who completed some of their pre-reqs this semester and then they will start making decisions as it relates to P1 admission...

I heard that letters should be going out about the 2nd week in may because they are waiting on the pre-pharmacy students who completed some of their pre-reqs this semester and then they will start making decisions as it relates to P1 admission...

i thought the semester ended last week. I wonder how long it take them to look over grades.

I contacted student services today and was told that letters have NOT gone out. I asked her when they will be sent out and was told the same as posted before. The letters will be sent out within 10 business days of April 20th. So if you have been checking your mailbox like I have...April Fool's:) but we will definately hear something in May. Have a great day everyone!

I contacted student services today and was told that letters have NOT gone out. I asked her when they will be sent out and was told the same as posted before. The letters will be sent out within 10 business days of April 20th. So if you have been checking your mailbox like I have...April Fool's:) but we will definately hear something in May. Have a great day everyone!

Thank you so much for the information! Oh goodness, let the anxiety begin ha ha :xf:

yeah I know the wait is gonna make every one very nervous more so when that letter comes in the mail, but I checked last year thread and it seems like around this time most students received their acceptance letters, so we all just have to join the famous waiting boat...:xf:

Thanks very much, sometimes I forgot if the mailman only comes once a day. Pharmacy school is the next chapter of my life.

Friday will be the 10th business day. Next week I have finals, so I hope to hear something before the semester is over. I wonder with this additional time will more of their students be accepted into the program :/

I contacted the undergraduate admissions office this morning since I am considered a transfer student. This tactic was used to try to bypass the Pharmacy Department to get information. Well I can tell you that without a doubt...IT FAILED:rolleyes: I spoke to someone immediately, and she was very receptive...sweet even...but she informed me that they are waiting too. She stated that they have not received a list of those accepted., she is waiting on the list. I asked her if she was sure she didn't have ANNNNNNYYYYYY information for me (in a sweet pleading voice). She still said no...sweetly as well.

She empathised with me, but she said she simply doesn't know yet and I'ld have to (unfortunately) wait some more. AAAHHHH...never been so anxious about any admissions process ever...Have a great day everyone.

Let's pray for next week...:xf:

Well hopefully they get them out SOON.

Is everyone on here wanting the Tall. location?

I contacted the undergraduate admissions office this morning since I am considered a transfer student. This tactic was used to try to bypass the Pharmacy Department to get information. Well I can tell you that without a doubt...IT FAILED:rolleyes: I spoke to someone immediately, and she was very receptive...sweet even...but she informed me that they are waiting too. She stated that they have not received a list of those accepted., she is waiting on the list. I asked her if she was sure she didn't have ANNNNNNYYYYYY information for me (in a sweet pleading voice). She still said no...sweetly as well.

She empathised with me, but she said she simply doesn't know yet and I'ld have to (unfortunately) wait some more. AAAHHHH...never been so anxious about any admissions process ever...Have a great day everyone.

Let's pray for next week...:xf:

Lol that was pretty smart. Seems like the admission committy are pretty tight lipped or hadn't made their decision yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well hopefully they get them out SOON.

Is everyone on here wanting the Tall. location?

If i get accepted, I don't care where they place me. I think they made everyone take a distance ed. survey. This survey was to sort through each student's preferences to see whether he/she will be a good fit for Crestview which will probably offer several distance ed. classes. They even asked me a question about distance ed during the interview.

I did some research, and one positive thing about living in Crestview is that the housing is much cheaper than in Tallahassee. I guess the negative would be that it's a small town and I'm not sure about social life.

For me...I just want to be accepted to the FAMU School of Pharmacy, everything else is secondary.

If i get accepted, I don't care where they place me. I think they made everyone take a distance ed. survey. This survey was to sort through each student's preferences to see whether he/she will be a good fit for Crestview which will probably offer several distance ed. classes. They even asked me a question about distance ed during the interview.

I did some research, and one positive thing about living in Crestview is that the housing is much cheaper than in Tallahassee. I guess the negative would be that it's a small town and I'm not sure about social life.

For me...I just want to be accepted to the FAMU School of Pharmacy, everything else is secondary.

Crestview is a dinky town, but if you drive like 45 minutes you are at the beach.

Crestview is a dinky town, but if you drive like 45 minutes you are at the beach.

Dinky...it does kinda seem that way...I guess I won't have any problems pulling straight A's if I get into Crestview then...nothing to do but study and go to the beach on weekends:laugh:

I totally agree with you yardiepharm, if I get accepted to FAMU School of Pharmacy and I have to go to the crestview location I would definitely be excited because i know FAMU Pharmacy program is well structured & you will actually receive the same information academically regardless of the location, plus if you decline that location it shows that you are not very passionate about entering their Pharmacy program & u never know they might just give your place to someone else & you have to wait another year...

Dinky...it does kinda seem that way...I guess I won't have any problems pulling straight A's if I get into Crestview then...nothing to do but study and go to the beach on weekends:laugh:

That's sound like a great idea.

I called ladies and gentlemen...and letters will be going out today. The decisions have been made!..I wonder if they give information over the phone. Maybe i should've asked if I was accepted. MMMMHHHH...maybe I'll call back. Have a great weekend everyone. Good luck to us all!:xf:

I called ladies and gentlemen...and letters will be going out today. The decisions have been made!..I wonder if they give information over the phone. Maybe i should've asked if I was accepted. MMMMHHHH...maybe I'll call back. Have a great weekend everyone. Good luck to us all!:xf:

Thank you for letting us know!!! Omg! I feel nervous again. You should try your trick with undergrad on Monday and see if they will tell you. Good luck to you as well!

Last edited:
Goodluck Everyone!!! Everyone should get their letters by tomorrow if you are in Tallahasse or Monday( out of state) :xf: Also if you get accepted and you are not planning on going to FAMU pls let them know ASAP so that can give other people a chance. Thanks guys :) I pray we all get accepted.

I called the College of Pharmacy earlier today just to ask about the status of my application and I was informed that the letters will be going out today, so if you are local you should get it tommorrow and all the others should received theirs next week so I'm just hoping that we can all get in, best of luck to everyone....

Goodluck Everyone!!! Everyone should get their letters by tomorrow if you are in Tallahasse or Monday( out of state) :xf: Also if you get accepted and you are not planning on going to FAMU pls let them know ASAP so that can give other people a chance. Thanks guys :) I pray we all get accepted.

I agree, that's the right thing to do.

Has anyone called and asked if they can inform they right then and there?
I called back earlier and asked for the decision on my file over the phone. Unfortuneately, I was told that I had to wait for the letter. Alot of other Pharmacy schools will tell you over the phone. We are not that lucky.

A girl I know got her acceptance letter to Crestview! :) :xf:Sending up some prayers!!!

A girl I know got her acceptance letter to Crestview! :) :xf:Sending up some prayers!!!

Congrats to her! I can't wait until next week. I suspect I will hear something between wed and fri. My other friends that have been accepted to pharmacy school agreed to decline their acceptance to FAMU if they are accepted.

Im so happy for her, and happy to know that the letters have actually gone out. I checked my mailbox today even though Im about 7 hours South of Tally. Mail sometimes only takes one day from Tallahassee...but not this time.

Please keep posting acceptances everyone...it brightens our day and gives us hope. Have a great weekend future rattlers!

Mailman just stopped by my house....no letter...yet hopefully!! I guess no news is still good news...:xf:Praying!

I just got my acceptance letter this afternoon for the Tallahassee campus. I wish you all the best and I will keep you in my prayers for the best news early next week!!!

Oh okay! Well Congratulations! That is awesome!! I live in Bonifay...so hopefully it will be here Monday! :)

Thank you very much pharmdoc2016!!! I would like to encourage everyone on this thread to be very hopeful. I thought I had a very horrible interview and did not anticipate to get this news today. I cannot wait to hear your good news on Monday :)

Thank you very much pharmdoc2016!!! I would like to encourage everyone on this thread to be very hopeful. I thought I had a very horrible interview and did not anticipate to get this news today. I cannot wait to hear your good news on Monday :)

:thumbup:...

PS Congrats!!!

So no one else from Tallahassee received a letter? If so,can we assume that all of the letters weren't mailed out on Friday? I wonder if it was a cut off and maybe the people who went early letters were sent off Friday. This could explain why we have only heard about two acceptances so far. I hope that this is not the case and we all hear something between Monday and Thursday.

Last edited:
So no one else from Tallahassee received a letter? If so,can we assume that all of the letters weren't mailed out on Friday? I wonder ifit was a cut off and maybe the people who went early letters were sent offFriday. This could explain why we have only heard about two acceptances so far. I hope that this is not the case and we all hear something between Monday and Thursday.
Are you in Tallahassee?

My friend told me that he received a scholarship form last year before the acceptance letter. Does anyone receive a scholarship form from FAMU this year?