FAMU College of Pharmacy 2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
So what exactly should we wear to orientation? Casual business??

Guys:
A dress shirt, dress pants, dress shoes, and a TIE.

Ladies:
pants suit, or business dresses, or business skirt and dress shirt.

Members don't see this ad.

So is it 8/19-21 or 8/20-22? Coz my letter has 2 different dates on it.
Do we have to register online and pay any fees?
Do we have to find our place to stay?

Call the school to confirm... There are no registering fees.

The fees you should be ready to pay by MONEY ORDER are the ones they should had listed in letter: ASHP/SnPHA, criminal background check, etc. Also, you should have $20 in CASH to pay for your name tag.

Yes you will have to find somewhere to stay. Maybe some of you guys here can split a hotel room.

Thank you. What site are you attending? And when do you plan to relocate?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SDN Mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
If I'm not mistaken the orientation is for three days August 19 through 21. So, we do all go to tallahassee campus correct? I am going to attend crestview campus, and I will probably move in August maybe sooner. I have not received a letter indicating any fees to be paid yet have you?

No just waiting anxiously... I was thinking the same. However I spoke with Patricia lamb at Crestview and she stated to travel to orientation with $500.00 in hand in tally just in case they forgot to mention something. She says they won't allow u to register if something isn't paid prior. The letter about needs should go out once tally sends students info to Crestview office. It was crazy last year according to her.:/

Where are u from? And are u XX or XY or XXY. LOL

Sent my final transcript :) is any female looking for a roommate?

I'm from Alabama and I am a female! I am so excited to start pharmacy school! I live about an hour away from Crestview so I know the area pretty well, but I am moving there since I will be in school pretty much all day every day. Where are you from? We all need to add each other on Facebook or something so that we will know those who got accepted into Crestview campus.

Did you send your transcript to admissions?

I sent 2. One to school of pharmacy and the other one to admissions.

I'm a xx from Miami. Just waiting for my transcripts to send. And no fb.

Ok, my final transcripts have officially been sent :) YAYYYY One step closer to starting in August!

Members don't see this ad :)
What all do we need to bring money for? And why would we need to pay by money order when you don't know how much it is.

What exactly should we except to do at orientation? I don't want to be unprepared!

So anyone hear back from the wait list?

What all do we need to bring money for? And why would we need to pay by money order when you don't know how much it is.

The letters last year stated what fees we had and said that we need to pay by money order (*cash, checks, debit cards, or credit cards were not accepted). The confusion came into play when the police department quoted the pharmacy department the wrong price to be fingerprinted. I think it was was an additional $16 we had to pay. So I guess if you want to be safe, you can do as the lady at Crestview suggested and bring $500 in cash, wait until they tell you the fees during orientation and then on your lunch break you can purchases money orders from a grocery store near the school.

The reason you pay by money order is because the money is not going to the college of pharmacy. For example, the ASHP/SnPHA application fee will be mailed to that respectable company.

I guess they don't want to fool with checks because someone may write a bad check...
*The only cash we paid was for the name tag.

What exactly should we except to do at orientation? I don't want to be unprepared!

I don't think you will be unprepared. The main thing you will have to do is listen. You will see some of the professors who will be teaching your courses. Other speakers will talk about the program as a whole. There will be a few skits. One may include how to dress and act professional. You will pay your fees. Someone from fin aid will come in and talk to you guys and answer your questions.

GCash, I called today to check my status and get more information on the waiting list. The receptionist at Student Affairs told me, "I can't say how many people are on the list, nor is there any kind of ranking. Just stay by your phone and mailbox and you should hear something shortly" So again, we wait. :bang:

GCash, I called today to check my status and get more information on the waiting list. The receptionist at Student Affairs told me, "I can't say how many people are on the list, nor is there any kind of ranking. Just stay by your phone and mailbox and you should hear something shortly" So again, we wait. :bang:
It's a headache...We just have to keep our fingers crossed!!!

Okay thanks for the update...i hope we all get in

I'm really frustrated. Friends that hot accepted to other schools got so much information about why their next steps should be. Idk if FAMU just works differently but all I got was my acceptance letter, which I responded to, and that was it. I'd like a letter that would tell me my next steps, financial obligations .... Cause no one can give me any info at the school... ridiculous! I'm just anxious and I wanna know what funds I need to have and by when...

I'm xx, from Tampa! Planning to find roommate for school apartment or off campus renting. Need to find someone can do carpool too!

Has anyone else just received an email from the school congratulating them on being accepted to the university? It also says something about orientation for new students, but do we attend that since we are graduate students?? I guess the email is from having to apply to the university first then pharmacy and once accepted into pharmacy school they accept you? Strange...anyways any feedback from others is appreciated! :)

I'm really frustrated. Friends that hot accepted to other schools got so much information about why their next steps should be. Idk if FAMU just works differently but all I got was my acceptance letter, which I responded to, and that was it. I'd like a letter that would tell me my next steps, financial obligations .... Cause no one can give me any info at the school... ridiculous! I'm just anxious and I wanna know what funds I need to have and by when...

That's how it is at FAMU :(, I was accepted to other schools as well and they flood you with info once accepted, you will get most your info late in the summer.

Has anyone else just received an email from the school congratulating them on being accepted to the university? It also says something about orientation for new students, but do we attend that since we are graduate students?? I guess the email is from having to apply to the university first then pharmacy and once accepted into pharmacy school they accept you? Strange...anyways any feedback from others is appreciated! :)

you only have to go to the pharmacy school orientation.

Ok, do I need to let them know or anything? Also, I still need to send my immunization records right? Thanks for your help!

Ok, do I need to let them know or anything? Also, I still need to send my immunization records right? Thanks for your help!

All you need to do is show up. Yes, send your immunization records ASAP. You won't be able to register for classes if you have a hold.

Around what time last year did you get your acceptance letter?

For all of you that are waitlisted DO NOT BE DISCOURAGED! I'm a P1, and I was waitlisted last year. No you won't find out how many people are on the list or what number you are but your time will come. As people decline their spots (which they will) you will get your letter of acceptance. Pray and have faith, you will get in. Good Luck and Congrats to those who have been accepted. Get ready. It's hard work!
Around what time last year did you get our acceptance letter?

Around what time last year did you get our acceptance letter?
I think it will be after May 17th until we get any information on our status because that's the deadline students have to turn in their Acknowledgement of Acceptance.

For those that were accepted and have turned in your transcripts and acknowledge of acceptance letter, have you received any other kind of letter from FAMU?

No, I have not received anything else from them. I'm thinking it will be later in the summer.

Are you going to Crestview campus or Tallahassee?

So do we have to go to the pharmacy orientation and the undergrad orientation??

If I'm not mistaken the orientation is for three days August 19 through 21. So, we do all go to tallahassee campus correct? I am going to attend crestview campus, and I will probably move in August maybe sooner. I have not received a letter indicating any fees to be paid yet have you?

No didnt get an email. This sucks for me ... I'm in Tampa now but I will need to get my I-20 n go home for a visa sooo imma need them to hurry it up. I'm anxious and excited

does anyone know if FAMU pharmacy accepts CLEP or AP credit for PRE-REQUISITE course? :)

Update they haven't sent out any waitlist acceptance yet

Anyone know someone who declined?

For anyone looking for off campus housing studenthousingsolutions.com is great. A couple of my friends in Tally told me about it and they have some good spots near campus. Me and a friend already found a nice place near campus at a real good price. Its a 4/4. Go on to the site and see if you guys find any answers

My best advice is to see if you can somehow get in contact with those who got accepted in Crestview last year from the last years thread and see what options they know of

Hello everyone!! I'm new here but I have been keeping up with all the forums. I was accepted to the Tallahassee location and was wondering if anyone knows about receiving money through financial aid to assist with off campus housing?? I am very interested on looking to live off campus so any info is appreciated.

I don't think we can get financial aid period... We are considered graduate students if I'm not mistaken.