Farthest you are driving for your interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SleckBleh

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Really not a fan of planes so considering driving up to 16 hour distances for interviews if I get them. Who else is planning to drive a long distance?

Members don't see this ad.

OP is too scared to take planes considering recent plane crashes lolol :rofl:
But to answer your question, it depends on your stats and how many invites you're getting. It would be stupid to apply for a far state from the first place if you don't plan on driving/flying there. To me, I had no limits as where to fly/drive.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Really not a fan of planes so considering driving up to 16 hour distances for interviews if I get them. Who else is planning to drive a long distance?

You do realize a plane wants to stay in the air, right?

You do realize a plane wants to stay in the air, right?

Sorry but I just don't like any experience of flying. I have learned a ton about them and how they work but it really doesn't do anything. I wish a high speed rail infrastructure existed though.

But to answer your question, it depends on your stats and how many invites you're getting. It would be stupid to apply for a far state from the first place if you don't plan on driving/flying there. To me, I had no limits as where to fly/drive.

Yea but at the same time it would be stupid not to go to one of your most desired schools all because of a plane. I was only slightly exaggerating for 16 hours. The farthest school I would be applying to is UoP and if I got an interview from there then yea, I will take a plane no problem as the reward is greater than the risk. However, the rest of my schools have a max travel time of 12 hours which I can drive to no problem.

Yea but at the same time it would be stupid not to go to one of your most desired schools all because of a plane. I was only slightly exaggerating for 16 hours. The farthest school I would be applying to is UoP and if I got an interview from there then yea, I will take a plane no problem as the reward is greater than the risk. However, the rest of my schools have a max travel time of 12 hours which I can drive to no problem.

You are at a greater risk dying in a long car drive then flying to your destination.

Reactions: 2 users

You're only answering yourself with that post.

and... "I will take the plane no problem as the reward is greater than the risk" LOL... so you are afraid of planes.

Pop some Xanax and avoid Malaysian Airlines and you're straight.

Reactions: 6 users
I've never had a fear of flying and IM scared to fly with the recent news stories lol

I've never had a fear of flying and IM scared to fly with the recent news stories lol

Dont make any international flights and I think you'll be fine.

If there are domestic flights being effected, we have bigger problems to worry about.

You fear that one of our flights might get shot down by some rebels? US air traffic control take more safety measures and are good are at re-routing/cancelling due to weather inclement.

Actually... you know what. I love you and can't lose you! Please don't fly to any of your interviews... if they're with convenient travel distance, go for it, otherwise forget the whole profession if you need to fly.

ITT:

Scared of flying

But no problem signing up for using a 400,000 RPM in a 1 to 0.5 mm space.

Members don't see this ad :)
400K RPM is a taddddd bit exaggerated for a highspeed :)

Wow guys that was a joke lol geez. Sorry I guess my tone wasn't conveyed well. It's just crazy how much has been in the news. Simmer down :) (and I'm flying to all my interviews)

Last edited:
Last cycle I drove 550 miles each way to an interview. It was cheaper that flying with a car that gets good mileage.

4 hours for me (to ECU, which is in-state).

Cleveland would have been about an 8 hour drive, but my Dad and I flew out there. Driving would definitely have been cheaper, but oh well!

Hopefully the longest distance I'll be driving is 15 minutes. Flying to elsewhere (9-14 hour drives otherwise).

Wow guys that was a joke lol geez. Sorry I guess my tone wasn't conveyed well. It's just crazy how much has been in the news. Simmer down :) (and I'm flying to all my interviews)

Sarcasm and jokes really dont fair well on internet forums.

since ill be taking classes and wont want to miss more than one day for an interview, i doubt ill drive more than 6 hours one way to an interview....5 of the schools i applied to are less than 6 hours away :D

since ill be taking classes and wont want to miss more than one day for an interview, i doubt ill drive more than 6 hours one way to an interview....5 of the schools i applied to are less than 6 hours away :D

Cali?

St George, UT

2 hours from UNLV
6 hours from USC
5 hours from Western
6 hours from MWU & AT Still

Edit: actually 6. Roseman is 4 1/2 hours away

:clap:

Last edited:
Sarcasm and jokes really dont fair well on internet forums.

Says who?

Lighten up.

What you want?

But to answer OP question....

I live in NYC.

I plan on traveling by car any where up to 6-7 hour drive.

So I'm covered from NYC to buffalo and NYC to VCU and all in between.

I plan on driving or taking a plane! Applied to nova some schools in Cali! I live in NYC

I mostly plan on driving or flying. However, if I receive an interview at Columbia I may go by hot air balloon.

I mostly plan on driving or flying. However, if I receive an interview at Columbia I may go by hot air balloon.

No no, I got a better one.....

If I get an interview to UOP I will teleport there or if I have enough superman vitamins left I'll fly there.

[8-0]•-x<

No no, I got a better one.....

If I get an interview to UOP I will teleport there or if I have enough superman vitamins left I'll fly there.

[8-0]•-x<

Same here. Ill drive if it is a state away, otherwise I will be flying. Anything pass 5 hour drive ill have to take a plane, or if its too far, ill just ask Goku to come and teleport me to my destination.