FCVS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GonnaBeADoc2222

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used this service lately? I was reading it was a mess 2-4 years ago. Have they gotten their stuff together???

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone used this service lately? I was reading it was a mess 2-4 years ago. Have they gotten their stuff together???

Took about 6 weeks to get it processed. I had no choice, as our state requires it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I never had major issues. Licensed in 2 states. Kind of pricey, but I think it's a time and stress saver. Wasn't aware there were issues a few years ago.

Never had any issues with it. Save a decent amount of paperwork. Pricey.

I used it without problems twice. They are also very responsive and pick up the phone or answer email immediately. They will tell you what documents are missing etc and how they were requested by fcvs. For example, my program had a short delay but I was able to clear it up because fcvs relayed which part of the process was missing and i could ask the residency coordinator to send it. Still kind of pricey. I think if you either have a lot of time for them to chase things down (months) and don't follow up, or are willing to be proactive, then you'll be alright.

Also, if you have a few different transcripts (post bacc etc) it's nice not to have to rerequest every time.

I signed up for it with the USMLEs and it has saved my ass when applying for state licenses. It has particular value for EM types who may end up doing locums work or working in more locations than people in other specialities.

It's worth if if you think you're going to apply to other states in the future. Otherwise, you have to get all those documents again.

I had a great experience with them. Took 3 weeks for them to approve everything.