FDA considering Vicodin to CII

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PhilliePharmer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am sure this will get some chatter! Imagine how much of a nightmare this could be for day to day operations...of course it would limit access and help reduce abuse, but at what cost??

Check out this article from USA TODAY:

FDA might tighten reins on Vicodin

http://usat.ly/UNkIUm

Sent from my iPad

Members don't see this ad.

I am sure this will get some chatter! Imagine how much of a nightmare this could be for day to day operations...of course it would limit access and help reduce abuse, but at what cost??

Agree that it would limit access and create mounds of additional paperwork.

However, Vicodin is a CIII and oxycodone products are a CII. Which product(s) do you think are abused more? Re-classification won't change much...

Members don't see this ad :)
i say make it a C5

better for business

Already a C-II in New York as of last week....
How is that going in NY???

So New York made Vicodin a C2? Any other states? I predict more violence at the pharmacies and even nastier customers. And we will be even more busy.

Can't be any worse than the state directing the supply of hospital out patient narcotics
NYC Seeks to Curb Painkiller Abuse With Hospital Limits
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-...rb-painkiller-abuse-with-hospital-limits.html

The measures in that article actually seem very reasonable. No refilling lost or stolen narcs in the ED. Only a 3 day supply of narcs in the ED if they are indicated. Seems like a great idea as emergency physicians are not the ones to who should coordinating long term care. Patients will have to go to their actual docs to receive pain treatments.

The measures in that article actually seem very reasonable. No refilling lost or stolen narcs in the ED. Only a 3 day supply of narcs in the ED if they are indicated. Seems like a great idea as emergency physicians are not the ones to who should coordinating long term care. Patients will have to go to their actual docs to receive pain treatments.

Not many ED patients in my neck of the woods have a primary care doc. Physicians should have control over what they prescribe as well as the duration of the therapy. Why would you want the state to make decisions on medical matters (right or wrong)?

Is this just Vicodin or any hydrocodone containing product (like the other strengths available?) Ugh, imagine having to lock it all up in the safe and having to get it every single time. Also, no more hydrocodones in the Paratas.

So the state of New York is making Tramadol a C2? I've heard of it being a C4 in several states.

Is this just Vicodin or any hydrocodone containing product (like the other strengths available?) Ugh, imagine having to lock it all up in the safe and having to get it every single time. Also, no more hydrocodones in the Paratas.

My store only locks up federal C2's. I don't have space in my safe for Androgel and junk.

My store only locks up federal C2's. I don't have space in my safe for Androgel and junk.
Definitely no room for all of the hydrocodone, especially with the liquids. We're thinking about inter-dispersing everything once this law takes effect.