February 2016 CBSE

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

midwestdentalfest

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to make a group where all of us studying for this test can commiserate together. Good luck to all!

Members don't see this ad.

hi, there. Some folks mentioned released CBSE paper. I was wondering if they meant the NBME self-assessment paper or old CBSE papers cause I haven't seen any old CBSE papers out there myself.

Thoughts on today's exam? Definitely thought it was brutal. Harder than any uworld or nbme I took

Members don't see this ad :)
Thoughts on today's exam? Definitely thought it was brutal. Harder than any uworld or nbme I took
Agreed. I felt pretty unprepared even after going through uworld 1 1/2 times and reading FA and doing Pathoma.

How did you all do? It was my first time taking it and I got a 64. My goal was a 65 or better but I'm not sure if its worth retaking or just doing an extra externship or something instead. Thoughts?

How did you all do? It was my first time taking it and I got a 64. My goal was a 65 or better but I'm not sure if its worth retaking or just doing an extra externship or something instead. Thoughts?

Since you have the ability to retake this upcoming July, I would retake. A 64 for a first attempt is actually not bad. Aim for a 70+.

I got 70, which is actually what I expected but is borderline. My biggest pain is my class rank which is just above average, which I can't do a thing about.... Will a 70 on CBSE at least get me some interviews or don't even bother?

my school doesn't have published rank so can't say for sure. they were well rounded in other respects though

My school doesn't have published rank either but there is a secret list held by the dean. I know I can't change my class rank anymore since I have graduated. I am trying to improve my other aspects relevant to OS to make myself presentable....,that is if I can get invited to interviews.

Another question: how can we find out about CBSE average score for Feb 2016 test like they did for previous tests?

My school doesn't have published rank either but there is a secret list held by the dean. I know I can't change my class rank anymore since I have graduated. I am trying to improve my other aspects relevant to OS to make myself presentable....,that is if I can get invited to interviews.

Another question: how can we find out about CBSE average score for Feb 2016 test like they did for previous tests?
They email us usually a week after we get the scores with a breakdown of mean, std dev, etc. Someone on another thread said there was an issue at a few prometric centers so some people haven't taken the exam yet so it might be delayed. Don't know if that's true, just posted by someone else

Would you all recommend a retake for someone who scored a 70 with top 25% class rank and is planning to apply for 6yr programs? FYI, used UFAP method for two months and not really sure if the score can be improved...
Is UFAP Uworld, First Aid and Pathoma?

Reactions: 1 user
Would you all recommend a retake for someone who scored a 70 with top 25% class rank and is planning to apply for 6yr programs? FYI, used UFAP method for two months and not really sure if the score can be improved...

I have similar stats and someone on here told me that it should be fine, if that's any help.

Surprised nobody has done it. Official stats for the Feb 2016 CBSE exam average is 54.9. Range is 26 to 92. SD is 11.8. Curve distribution is unknown so cant really estimate any percentile or ranking though. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Surprised nobody has done it. Official stats for the Feb 2016 CBSE exam average is 54.9. Range is 26 to 92. SD is 11.8. Curve distribution is unknown so cant really estimate any percentile or ranking though. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Thanks for the update. How did you get this info? Any idea why the distribution is still unknown and we still havent received the 2nd email?

absolutely do not retake! Don't doubt yourself man. 70 is a great score. Just focus on keeping that class rank high and doing plenty of externships and getting good LORs.