Fee Assistance Program timeline question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Streax1

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long does it take to get approved for FAP from the time of submitting?

Members don't see this ad.

How long does it take to get approved for FAP from the time of submitting?

Mine get approved after 1 full day after confirmed arrival. I provided W2 of myself and my parents' along with financial award package (financial aid) from my undergrad.

Mine get approved after 1 full day after confirmed arrival. I provided W2 of myself and my parents' along with financial award package (financial aid) from my undergrad.

Will I need to submit my parent's information if I have a family of my own?

Members don't see this ad :)
So you just need a W2 form and that's it from you? What is all these other paper works that they are talking about then?

Will I need to submit my parent's information if I have a family of my own?
are you classified as independent? if your parents' W2 don't have ur name then you are independent and only need to submit your own

So you just need a W2 form and that's it from you? What is all these other paper works that they are talking about then?

W2 and financial aid from my university (this I just make sure), well those forms are different forms of tax returns I guess or the forms you file tax with.

After designating 3 schools and e-submitting the application, we must go back, designate other schools (excluding the first 3 schools), and e-submit the application again. Is this correct?

I'll be submitting tonight.