Fee waiver

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted212936

I turned my FV application in about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard back from AACOM. They haven't even notified me whether they've received my app. or not... In addition, it's hard to reach them by phone (nobody's answering specific questions). Does anyone know what email address I can use to contact them?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Help!!!!!!!
I phoned and emailed AACOMAS a hundred times but they haven't told me what's going on with my app.!
(The lady who takes care of Fee Waiver ALWAYS has a busy message on).

Here were what I sent to them since they don't have specific form to fill out:
FAFSA report
Parent's tax income report
School's tuition, room & board estimate
My name, SSN, and the name of the college I'm going to

Did I miss anything?

Members don't see this ad :)
Help!!!!!!!
I phoned and emailed AACOMAS a hundred times but they haven't told me what's going on with my app.!
(The lady who takes care of Fee Waiver ALWAYS has a busy message on).

Here were what I sent to them since they don't have specific form to fill out:
FAFSA report
Parent's tax income report
School's tuition, room & board estimate
My name, SSN, and the name of the college I'm going to

Did I miss anything?

Am I missing something? Why did you send those things to AACOMAS? :confused:

Is that just all the info they need for the fee waiver? I would use the link above to see if you can speak to anyone higher up.

It's not just you. I called the Fee Waiver woman to ask what I needed to send in for verification (I got randomly selected for verification). I got her voicemail, and she never called me back. I don't know any email address for her. It seems like the fee waiver I submitted to AMCAS for the MCATs took about 3-4 weeks to process, and on the AACOMAS website it says it could take up to 4 weeks. So I guess just hang on and see if you hear anything back. Also, did you send a self-addressed stamped envelope with all your stuff? I guess they send you the response back in the envelope... :shrug:

Hey you got verification! What did you send them in the first place?

No, I didn't send them a self-addressed envelope since they never mentioned how they'd communicate with me.

AAMC granted me fee waiver after 3 weeks! Didn't even ask me for additional stuff!

Seriously, I sent mine in about a month ago and whenever I call her she does not answer her phone. With today's identity theft issue, I hate having all of my info over there and I have no idea who has them or looking at them. I'm paranoid ever since I saw that Michelle Brown story on lifetime.....scary stuff!!!

Hey guys, I dont think the FAP for the 2010 cycle is out yet... last time i checked the website, it said the application should come out during May

correct if I'm wrong

I turned my FV application in about 3 weeks ago but haven't heard back from AACOM. They haven't even notified me whether they've received my app. or not... In addition, it's hard to reach them by phone (nobody's answering specific questions). Does anyone know what email address I can use to contact them?

Hey,

I called them one or two weeks ago because I had a question regarding the application. The lady that answered the phone (with enough time) said that they will begin to accept applications beginning of May. I thought it was weird because I already sent my FAP for AMCAS and was approved.

Either way, you send them your SAR (student aid report, if you're receiving financial aid). If not, then a copy of your tax forms (ie. 1040, 1040ez, etc) for this year, but don't send it in to that address until the beginning of May.

I need my FAP to be approved BEFORE I apply.
This is the email I got from them:

You never submitted an application; you never filled out your application; AACOMAS never received a transcript from you; you never made any payments to AACOMAS for us to process your application.
AACOMAS does not process blank applications with practically nothing to forward to the schools and colleges.
In any case, the 2009 Application cycle has ended; so should you have any questions, I suggest you contact our schools and colleges for advice.

Hey guys, I dont think the FAP for the 2010 cycle is out yet... last time i checked the website, it said the application should come out during May

correct if I'm wrong

This is also the impression I got.

correct if I'm wrong

You are not wrong, you are the opposite of wrong. ;) Seriously, people are just jumping the gun. As was stated the new application cycle has not started yet, so the FAP has not started yet either. My wife got a fee waiver for last cycle, she sent her stuff in around the third week of May--shortly after the new application cycle began.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gosh. AACOMAS let me know that "you will receive something in the mail next week." Now I have to delay my application in order to get the fee waiver first!

All I had to send in was my FAFSA SAR report and a self-addressed stamped envelope (yes, they do ask for that). My fee was waived promptly--I asked towards the beginning of May (10th or so) and it was approved by the 26th. I received an email when it went through. Submitted my application (FOR 2010, mind you) and everything so far has been fine. Waiver is for 3 schools, and yes, you have to get the waiver before you submit, and submit within 45 days of receiving the waiver.
That's really all I have to offer. I had absolutely no problems with my waiver. All I can think of is that maybe one of you didn't sign it/add your aacomas ID, or maybe sending more stuff than requested was confusing to them.

Originally Posted by Exalya
All I had to send in was my FAFSA SAR report and a self-addressed stamped envelope (yes, they do ask for that). My fee was waived promptly--I asked towards the beginning of May (10th or so) and it was approved by the 26th. I received an email when it went through. Submitted my application (FOR 2010, mind you) and everything so far has been fine. Waiver is for 3 schools, and yes, you have to get the waiver before you submit, and submit within 45 days of receiving the waiver.
That's really all I have to offer. I had absolutely no problems with my waiver. All I can think of is that maybe one of you didn't sign it/add your aacomas ID, or maybe sending more stuff than requested was confusing to them.

Oh shoot! I forgot to include the self-addressed stamped envelope when I sent my stuffs. Would they call me or send me an email asking for it? Or should I just send them a self-addressed stamped envelope now?
I read on here that the lady doesn't reply calls, what should I do?

I sent them everything I want. AACOMAS service is disappointing. Nobody takes the call, no email response.
AAMC sent me fee waiver 2 weeks later without asking anything.

yeah... its kinda dumb, they must have like 3 people in total working there. I sent out my AAMC fee waiver the same time I sent out the AACOM fee waiver and my AAMC one came in less than week... ugh have no clue when the other one will come in. Sucks cause i'm ready to submit already.

Does anyone know if we can use our AACOMAS fee wavier without them receiving our transcripts? because fee wavier is expiring soon and it doesn't seem like my transcripts will be in before anytime soon :eek:

seriously... why do they even have that 45-day limited time?

You can pay/submit with the fee waiver before your transcripts are in. I did so, and I'm still waiting for my app to be verified.

You can pay/submit with the fee waiver before your transcripts are in. I did so, and I'm still waiting for my app to be verified.

thank exalya!! :love: you just saved me a junk of hair

So my fee waiver came in today, I mailed it on the 1st of June, it took around 10 days for me to get my fee waiver status verified, just giving you guys a time line in case anyone was wondering!

would you mind telling us where you from too? cos i think location is one of the main things

Yeah I'm from new york, thing is, I'm not sure if this had anything to do with me getting verified but I sent them a message via that message system on their site asking about the status of it and after like 3-4 days I think, I finally got an email saying that I was fee waiver verified. I don't think an email is the norm though. I got an email because I didn't provide an additional self-addressed envelope for them to send me a letter, so they resorted to an email.

I have a question. So I received my fee waiver sometime last week and I have everything ready and set to go except for my current grad school transcript which I still need to send in a request for but I aacomas received my undergrad transcript. I know what 3 schools I want to pick but next to the schools I chose it says the name of the school-fee waived and then it says status "incomplete"? I'm a little confused. Can I submit and it will go away once I submit and it'll say paid and complete? Please help!

Thank you!:)

Can anyone give me the phone number for that everyone is referring to? I called and emailed but no one replied me yet! The first time I sent the wrong SAR and they told me either to send 2009 SAR or the Tax return and I did but no reply yet!!! what should I do??

I think it should be noted that the website says all the available fee waivers have been given out at this point.