Feedback from similar applicants/chances for cGPA 3.59 sGPA 3.42 MCAT34

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chasing Never Land

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi fellow SDNers,

I've never posted about myself on SDN, so I'm kind of hesitant about this. BUT I was thinking about it, and it would be great to find people with similar stats and talk to them about their med school acceptance experiences. So, without further ado:

~~~​

Cumulative GPA: 3.59
Science GPA: 3.42
Non-science GPA: 3.77

School: Very large research university, science classes curved to 2.6-2.8 (which correlates to a B-)

DOUBLE DEGREE - Intl. Relations BA and General Biology BS

MCAT: 34 (13P/10V/11B)

Clinical volunteering: probably 300+ hours, 3hrs per week at the local children's hospital, for last 2.5 years
Physician shadowing: Hepatic oncology/surgery (20hrs), Pediatric cardiac surgery (40hrs)
Research: Did ~2000hrs in my freshmen and sophomore years of college, BUT resigned from lab on less than stellar terms with the PI (who was abusing my unpaid work, making me work over 30 hrs per week while in full time school and still telling me I was not doing enough). I did leave on good terms with all of my directly supervising grad students.
Non-clinical volunteering: n/a in college, significant in high school
Employment: In addition to the research experience above^ I've worked twice while in school full time, each job for ~15 hrs per week. My first was 6 months, and my second was one year.

~~~​

So does anybody on here have advice? I'm applying this cycle, and have everything ready for submission and am pre-writing secondaries.

If you had similar stats and are now in med school - where did you go and how do you like it there?

Thanks everyone and wishing all of us 2016ers the very best of luck :)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Which state are you a resident in?