Feedback on my Disadvantaged statement?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

2015istheYear

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

I am struggling with the decision to include "disadvantaged" status in my application this year.
I know I am very different than most med school applicants and I feel it is important to include my whole story, as much as possible. I am so grateful to anyone who provides feedback on my disadvantage statement, as I don't want it to be whiny or sound like I am coming up with excuses. I am not totally done with my personal statement, but I will probably post that for feedback soon.

Thanks in advance,

Please reply and I will send it to you via PM.​

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
It might not be beneficial to post this online. I applied disadvantaged this past cycle, if you have any questions or need a reader,
feel free to PM me.

It might not be beneficial to post this online. I applied disadvantaged this past cycle, if you have any questions or need a reader,
feel free to PM me.
feel free to PM me.
I tried to PM you but I am getting an error when opening your profile page... Do you think I should not post online because others could plagiarize?

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried to PM you but I am getting an error when opening your profile page... Do you think I should not post online because others could plagiarize?

You never know. I'll PM you now.