Menu Icon Search
Close Search

About the ads

Feelings after the MCAT

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by jetfan49, 03.06.12.

1. jetfan49

jetfan49

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member

SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
    I took the exam this past January and felt like complete crap walking out of the exam. Unfortunately, I also did terrible and did not score anywhere near my AAMC avg of 33. I am retaking in May and just wanted to find out if people walk out feeling decent after the exam or are we always supposed to feel like crap?
  2. valkener

valkener

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I felt extremely exhausted but I also felt like I did OK, which I did. Good luck with retaking, make sure you put in your best efford. Sn2ed's schedule might be a blessing.
  3. TheWeeIceMan

TheWeeIceMan And like that... *poof*... he's gone.

SDN 5+ Year Member
    I felt like crap after both the science sections and ended up doing okay on both. However, I felt great about the verbal section, and ended up doing terrible. It obviously varies a lot from person to person, but from what I've heard, feeling terrible after the test does not necessarily mean anything. At that point, you just have to trust your prep I guess.
  4. Cinclus

Cinclus =^..^= Moderator Emeritus

Medical Student
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I felt horrible, dwelled on the stupid mistakes I knew I made in the PS section, and feared that I didn't break a 30 (seriously). When I saw I got a 39, I did this: :wow:
    I think it's a pretty feel-bad test, overall.
  5. BKN89

BKN89

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Maybe not like total crap, but I think it's very normal to feel pretty uneasy and unsure of yourself.
  6. GrabSlamBoot

GrabSlamBoot

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    Yeah i think your immediate feelings after each section are the most accurate if you want to think of it like that. I felt like crap bout ps and got a 9 and then great about bio and VR and got two 12's. As the month progressed I felt increasingly ****ty though.
  7. Acoustica

Acoustica

Pre-Medical
    SDN 2+ Year Member
    I felt tired, but relieved and happy. I thought it was difficult, but I didn't have to contemplate whether I wanted to void or not. I felt the worse about physics and the best in bio, and ended up with the same score. I was quite amused. Verbal was my highest though :)

// Share //

Style: SDN Universal