Feelings after the MCAT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jetfan49

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took the exam this past January and felt like complete crap walking out of the exam. Unfortunately, I also did terrible and did not score anywhere near my AAMC avg of 33. I am retaking in May and just wanted to find out if people walk out feeling decent after the exam or are we always supposed to feel like crap?

Members don't see this ad.

I felt extremely exhausted but I also felt like I did OK, which I did. Good luck with retaking, make sure you put in your best efford. Sn2ed's schedule might be a blessing.

I felt like crap after both the science sections and ended up doing okay on both. However, I felt great about the verbal section, and ended up doing terrible. It obviously varies a lot from person to person, but from what I've heard, feeling terrible after the test does not necessarily mean anything. At that point, you just have to trust your prep I guess.

I felt horrible, dwelled on the stupid mistakes I knew I made in the PS section, and feared that I didn't break a 30 (seriously). When I saw I got a 39, I did this: :wow:
I think it's a pretty feel-bad test, overall.

Members don't see this ad :)
I took the exam this past January and felt like complete crap walking out of the exam. Unfortunately, I also did terrible and did not score anywhere near my AAMC avg of 33. I am retaking in May and just wanted to find out if people walk out feeling decent after the exam or are we always supposed to feel like crap?

Maybe not like total crap, but I think it's very normal to feel pretty uneasy and unsure of yourself.

Yeah i think your immediate feelings after each section are the most accurate if you want to think of it like that. I felt like crap bout ps and got a 9 and then great about bio and VR and got two 12's. As the month progressed I felt increasingly ****ty though.

I felt tired, but relieved and happy. I thought it was difficult, but I didn't have to contemplate whether I wanted to void or not. I felt the worse about physics and the best in bio, and ended up with the same score. I was quite amused. Verbal was my highest though :)