Fellowship Information Needed - organ transplant

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PedsSurg2007

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi everyone -

im a peds surgeon in new delhi, india and looking to do an organ transplant fellowship (either canada or australia)--- would anyone have some information on how to go about applying, matriculating, etc...?

or perhaps information on a where there are programs ? or who to contact?

any information would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

People here tend to discuss the American programs. Try posting in the international sectoin as well.

I know the University of Pittsburgh program is very busy for both peds and adult transplants, and they take many international clinical transplant fellows. They have the highest volume for livers (including an average of 2 living donor liver transplants/week) and small bowel/multivisceral transplants.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi,

the above links are good ones. basically you need to do a little research by looking up numbers on ASTS and UNOS websites. then decide where you'd like to apply. send letters to each place telling them of your interest. I'd do this earlier rather than later, some places get an idea of who they're interested in early on.

the programs will then get back to you and tell you what more you need to send. for most it is three letters of recc and a CV.

for me the interviews started more or less in january of the year you match. since it is now a "match" you register for the match but not until springtime say around march or april and submit your rank list in May. you match in June, to start the following year on July 1 (more or less 13 months later).

if you want any more info about specific programs PM me?