Fellowship Ranking Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

scottpilgrim

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
hello

I wanted some opinions on which order to rank the following Pain medicine fellowships.
Little about myself: US grad, ite in the 60s, currently a resident at one of the big 4 in NYC. single, no ties to any location, applied to 10 programs, got 7 interviews, will rank the following 6.

1) Vermont
2) Syracuse
3) Virginia
4) Rochester
5) NYU
6) beth Israel in ny

Members don't see this ad.

hello

I wanted some opinions on which order to rank the following Pain medicine fellowships.
Little about myself: US grad, ite in the 60s, currently a resident at one of the big 4 in NYC. single, no ties to any location, applied to 10 programs, got 7 interviews, will rank the following 6.

1) Vermont
2) Syracuse
3) Virginia
4) Rochester
5) NYU
6) beth Israel in ny

Virginia. Better cost of living. Less snow.

Members don't see this ad :)
How would you guys rank these:

UCLA
Stanford
UCSF
UCDavis
MGH
BID
Brigham

Why Stanford at the bottom?[/QUOTE

..because this is their mascot
stanford-mascot.jpg

I would email the fellows from all of the programs and ask them to call you and discuss the program. See what their day to day life is like... hours... procedures... teaching/research opportunities, etc. With a list like that, who cares about how we rank it.

No one has said anything about the match. So quiet. Glad to say I matched. :)

I would not have gone to Stanford if you paid me...

Oh wait, I would have been paid.

Maybe it has changed, but when I interviewed there, the fellows were miserable.

Call me silly, but I think you can have an excellent educational experience without feeling horribly abused by the staff and system. My fellowship felt like this - well respected, heavy work load but plenty of support, excellent and congenial work environment, etc.

This was NOT my impression of Stanford.

Smaller programs have better SCS experience.