Fellowship revalidation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

alks.ocmp

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anything like that even exist?

More specifically: If I used my 2 year rule to go back home and complete 1 or 2 fellowship courses (like GI and hem, or any others), is there any process in the USA to revalidate those fellowships and practice them here?

Also, would it help if the hospitals where I made them were part of the Mayo or Methodist network?

Members don't see this ad.

Not sure what that means. You don't need to validate fellowships. Once you take them, you have a certificate from the program. If it is a board-certified subspecialty, then you can be certified. Those have 10 year re-certification requirements which do require certain things every two years. But I am not sure what this involves for subspecialties since my only certifications are ap and cp.

If you're asking whether a fellowship in another country would "count" here in this US, if it is a board certified specialty it probably wouldn't. But if it's something like GI it potentially could depending on how you market it and who you talk to. But I don't really know.

CAP is starting to offer things like advanced practice courses which are intensive courses over a few days, so far I have seen in breast, prostate, lab management, and I think FNA. But those aren't fellowships.