Few more D.O./medical school questions...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

mizzoudude

As I have mentioned/posted before, I have a 3.1 and a 27 on the MCAT with great work experiences, good volunteer work, but no letter from a D.O. (yet)...and I just started filling out the AAMCOS application. I believe that I am applying to TU-CA, TU-NV, LECOM, and WCOMP. Do you guys think I have a shot at these schools?

I am curious about the lifestyle that medical students lead. I am from Missouri and recently moved to New Orleans. Are other students social during medical school? Do you make friends? Or are they all snobby/married/too study oriented to have a social life? I am asking because if I attend a school where I do not know anyone, will I have some sort of a social life? Or will I be lonely and miserable just studying all the time?

Also, I am sure that there is a summer and winter break during medical school, but not as long as the undergraduate period. Do you guys go home during these breaks or stay home and study?

These all may once again sound like really dumb questions, but I am just curious. I am hoping to get my application done by the end of this week and have it submitted for them to process it in 6 weeks (is that right?). I am really hoping I get in for the 2006 class. Thanks all for the help and hopefully you don't think I am a huge dork. Peace.

Members don't see this ad.

I think you have a decent chance. It is really hard to judge one's competitiveness. As for the rest of your questions, I don't know yet since I haven't started school yet.

I too would like to know some opinions on life outside of school. From reading many posts it seems all over the map but I wonder if it depends more on the individual, or on the culture of the school (or even the specific culture of each class)???