General Admissions & OTCAS FGCU OT 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTKH22

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied or heard anything from FGCU ot program for fall 2015?? Still waiting for an invitation for an interview. Any information would be appreciated. Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

All my application materials were received on 1/28 and I haven't gotten a call for an interview yet. However, someone I know submitted her application in the beginning of January has scheduled an interview around the end of the month. I think they are just running behind but I'm starting to get nervous!

What does you Gulfline Portal status say? Mine says:

Admission Term: Fall 2015
Admission Type: Web Application
Application Status: Complete ready for review
Decision: Sent to College

Same here, it is making me very nervous! My status says the same exact thing but there is nothing next the admission type.

Members don't see this ad :)
I received a phone call on 1/30, scheduled my interview for 2/13, and just received an acceptance email today (2/17)! I know they still have interviews on 2/26 for sure, and they told me that it could take up to a month after an interview for a decision. So be patient! And let me know if/when you guys get accepted because I need roommates :)

Thanks for the response and congratulations!! When did you submit your application? How was the interview process? Do you remember what they asked you?

Congrats again!

I received a phone call on 1/30, scheduled my interview for 2/13, and just received an acceptance email today (2/17)! I know they still have interviews on 2/26 for sure, and they told me that it could take up to a month after an interview for a decision. So be patient! And let me know if/when you guys get accepted because I need roommates :)

Congrats! What were your stats??

Thanks guys! I submitted my application on 12/31 and they received everything about a week later. Honestly I was so nervous that I barely remember, but I know there were 7 questions and they were pretty typical. Know 3 strengths, a weakness, things you observed in OT, why you would be a good OT, an example of a time you worked in a group, etc.

Stats
School: University of Florida
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.39
Pre-Req GPA: 3.86 (still need neuroanatomy and musculoskeletal anatomy)
GRE: 311
Applied to: UF, FIU, FGCU (still waiting on the other two)

Reactions: 1 user
Wow very cool. I applied to FGCU too and I have an interview in mid-March. I wish I could have done it sooner, but I live pretty far away. I hope doing it in mid-March won't affect my chances of getting in? I'm pretty nervous but excited!

Wow very cool. I applied to FGCU too and I have an interview in mid-March. I wish I could have done it sooner, but I live pretty far away. I hope doing it in mid-March won't affect my chances of getting in? I'm pretty nervous but excited!

Awesome! Congratulations. What were your stats? and when did they call you about an interview?

I am out-of-state and I have an interview in mid-March also! Are there any other male applicants that have been accepted or received interviews?

Have any of you guys heard any more from FGCU? I talked to Wanda recently and she said that more people who where interviewed in early February should know about whether or not they've been accepted the week after spring break.

I submitted my materials sometime around the first week of January, got a call (on 1/30) about an interview on 2/13 and got an offer for acceptance the Tuesday after that (2/17) which I was SHOCKED because they said it could take up to a month to hear back from them. Good luck to everyone still having interviews!!!

I submitted my materials sometime around the first week of January, got a call (on 1/30) about an interview on 2/13 and got an offer for acceptance the Tuesday after that (2/17) which I was SHOCKED because they said it could take up to a month to hear back from them. Good luck to everyone still having interviews!!!

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? And how were you notified of your acceptance?

Members don't see this ad :)
When I spoke to Wanda she said I fell just below the threshold for the first rounds of interviews. I'm pretty sure it's because of my GRE scores :( I'm hoping a few slots will free up so I can at least get an interview! Anyone else in the same boat? FCGU is pretty much my last shot for this application cycle.

When I spoke to Wanda she said I fell just below the threshold for the first rounds of interviews. I'm pretty sure it's because of my GRE scores :( I'm hoping a few slots will free up so I can at least get an interview! Anyone else in the same boat? FCGU is pretty much my last shot for this application cycle.

Hey! This is actually my only shot for OT school this time around too so I understand where you're coming from. I actually had my interview late last week (2/26) and have yet to hear back regarding a decision. I think it's because their spring break is this week, but I think I was one of the last ones or towards the end of the interviews. So after I hear back anything I will let you know because maybe after that they will call for more interviews! My GRE scores weren't the greatest either. My verbal/reading comprehension was below what they required. I'm not sure if any of that helps, but good luck with everything! :)

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear myself! I got an interview on 2/14 and haven't heard anything yet. Though to be honest, I was so nervous during the interview that I don't think I really impressed them all that much. :( But like I said, those who haven't heard yet should hear something hopefully next week! This is kinda my last shot at OT school for this cycle as well so, good luck all who are still waiting!

Yeah, I'm still waiting to hear myself! I got an interview on 2/14 and haven't heard anything yet. Though to be honest, I was so nervous during the interview that I don't think I really impressed them all that much. :( But like I said, those who haven't heard yet should hear something hopefully next week! This is kinda my last shot at OT school for this cycle as well so, good luck all who are still waiting!

I feel the same about my interview! I definitely didn't do as well as I could have because my nerves were too high unfortunately.

I'm thinking the same thing. What was your GRE? Mine was also lower than it should be and I still have not heard anything.

I'm thinking the same thing. What was your GRE? Mine was also lower than it should be and I still have not heard anything.

I took it twice and the first time with the writing portion (just to satisfy the requirement; I didn't study for it) and I got a 147V, 146Q, and a 3 AW. The second time I did not take the writing portion and got a 155V, 148Q. What about you?

Congrats! Do you mind sharing your stats? And how were you notified of your acceptance?
Hey sorry I didn't respond to this sooner! I was notified of my acceptance via email and traditional mail--they just scanned and emailed the letter to me for a faster delivery I guess.

I go to UF, Religion major, Disability Science minor
Overall GPA: 3.68
Pre-req GPA: 3.45 (have to take musculoskeletal and research at ️FGCU over summer though)
GRE: 312 (writing 4.5)
Observation hours: 100 divided between 4 separate environments

Good luck to everyone else!!!

I took it twice and the first time with the writing portion (just to satisfy the requirement; I didn't study for it) and I got a 147V, 146Q, and a 3 AW. The second time I did not take the writing portion and got a 155V, 148Q. What about you?

I got a 287 my first time and 3 writing and a 290 the second time. I was working and taking a lot of classes and didn't study too much.

Have any of you guys heard any more from FGCU? I talked to Wanda recently and she said that more people who where interviewed in early February should know about whether or not they've been accepted the week after spring break.

Have you heard back yet?

Not today, I think she said Thursday was the day they were going to send out more acceptances. Anyone else heard anything sooner? Like earlier this week?

I spoke to Wanda and she said the committee is meeting this Thursday and next Tuesday, so we should know more by then.

Also, I heard from someone that received denial of admissions letter from FGCU so if you haven't gotten one of those than you are probably still in review!

Have any of you gotten emails? I heard from a friend of mine that she got her decision today. So some people have heard! Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing...:(

I was thinking we would have heard back by now. When did your friend interview??

She interviewed after me! Feb. 23 I believe, I interviewed Feb. 14.

I am freaking out!! I interviewed Feb.26, haven't gotten an email or letter in the mail. I feel like its not good news if its taking so long. When I went in that day to interview there were 5 other people waiting to be interviewed so they have lots of applicants to choose from. I know someone who also applied and she said that FGCU was waiting to get a form from her before they set up an interview so it seems they are still accepting people and taking their time!?!?!

I also interviewed February 26th! I know they send an acceptance letter via email... Does anyone know if they also do for a rejection letter?

Hi guys! I submitted my application in late January, had my interview on Feb 26th, and received my acceptance notification (via email) on March 13th. This is my second time applying to this program, so I'm surprised I got my notification so quickly. Last year I was notified of my denial in late April, I believe. I don't know if they've changed how they do rejections this year, but last year I was notified via a letter in the mail. But from talking to current students, I learned it's not necessarily a bad thing if it takes a while for them to contact you. A few students I spoke to told me they found out fairly late in the game that they were accepted.

For those of you who have been accepted (and those still waiting), do you have to take any classes over the summer? I have to take Neuroanatomy and Musculoskeletal Anatomy prior to starting the program, so if anyone still has to take those, maybe we could set up a study group or something once classes start?

Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back!

Hi guys! I submitted my application in late January, had my interview on Feb 26th, and received my acceptance notification (via email) on March 13th. This is my second time applying to this program, so I'm surprised I got my notification so quickly. Last year I was notified of my denial in late April, I believe. I don't know if they've changed how they do rejections this year, but last year I was notified via a letter in the mail. But from talking to current students, I learned it's not necessarily a bad thing if it takes a while for them to contact you. A few students I spoke to told me they found out fairly late in the game that they were accepted.

For those of you who have been accepted (and those still waiting), do you have to take any classes over the summer? I have to take Neuroanatomy and Musculoskeletal Anatomy prior to starting the program, so if anyone still has to take those, maybe we could set up a study group or something once classes start?

Do you know if those acceptances sent out last Friday were for that interview date in specific or for a pool of applicants in particular? I'm just nervous because my interview was on the 14th and I haven't heard either way yet, and I know they are still interviewing even. :/

I'm not sure if it was for a specific pool of applicants or not. I do know they meet every other week, but I also heard from some students last year that they interviewed early and didn't get their acceptance until April-ish

I interviewed February 26 and just got my acceptance letter today!!!!!! :)

Hey! I have to take musculoskeletal and a research class. I'm sure we'll all meet on our first day of summer classes but I'd love to make a group! Do you know if anyone has made a fbook group for the program yet?

Hey! I have to take musculoskeletal and a research class. I'm sure we'll all meet on our first day of summer classes but I'd love to make a group! Do you know if anyone has made a fbook group for the program yet?

I have to take musculoskeletal, neuroanatomy and A&P II in the summer, so a study group would be helpful! I don't think anyone has made a FB group, but that would be nice!

YAY I got my acceptance email as well :) I do have to take those last pre-req classes in the summer as well. Yes, does someone want to make a group? And has any one looked for housing? There is really not much to choose from, its pricey and I keep reading bad reviews for the places I find.

YAY I got my acceptance email as well :) I do have to take those last pre-req classes in the summer as well. Yes, does someone want to make a group? And has any one looked for housing? There is really not much to choose from, its pricey and I keep reading bad reviews for the places I find.

I live in a house in San Carlos Park and I love it! I actually may be in need of 1-2 roommates after a few of mine graduate so I will keep you all updated if you're still looking! If you don't get a house, I would recommend copper oaks. I lived there last year and I loved it - the only downside is that there isn't much parking. Other than that it's great!

Congrats to everyone who got in! Housing is kind of tough if you're looking in the FGCU area. However, if you're willing to drive (say to Daniels or Colonial), there are more options. I live off of Colonial and Six Mile and there are lots of complexes around there that are fairly affordable.

Whenever I find a good place they are all booked, nothing available for May. Everything gets rented quickly! Or I just keep reading terrible reviews. Any specific apartment places? I live out of town so its not easy, the same bad apartments show up online.

I live in a house in San Carlos Park and I love it! I actually may be in need of 1-2 roommates after a few of mine graduate so I will keep you all updated if you're still looking! If you don't get a house, I would recommend copper oaks. I lived there last year and I loved it - the only downside is that there isn't much parking. Other than that it's great!
FGCU OT 2015 I might REALLY take you up on that offer. As soon as you know if you need a roommate id love to get more info!

Whenever I find a good place they are all booked, nothing available for May. Everything gets rented quickly! Or I just keep reading terrible reviews. Any specific apartment places? I live out of town so its not easy, the same bad apartments show up online.
Sorry for the late reply! I'm not particularly familiar with the area immediately surrounding FGCU, but I do know of a few places further north that I've either lived in myself or heard good things about from friends. Portofino Cove, Sienna at Vista Lakes, The Lakes at College Point, Gulfstream Isles, and Ashlar are a few that come to mind. I've lived at a few of these and can't say that I've had any truly terrible experiences, but I've also learned that you do get what you pay for. And from my experience, people who post their reviews of apartments online either have really great or really awful experiences. But if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!

When did you get your acceptance letter? I'm still waiting but they said they send out letters within two weeks.

Sorry for the late reply! I'm not particularly familiar with the area immediately surrounding FGCU, but I do know of a few places further north that I've either lived in myself or heard good things about from friends. Portofino Cove, Sienna at Vista Lakes, The Lakes at College Point, Gulfstream Isles, and Ashlar are a few that come to mind. I've lived at a few of these and can't say that I've had any truly terrible experiences, but I've also learned that you do get what you pay for. And from my experience, people who post their reviews of apartments online either have really great or really awful experiences. But if you have any more questions, feel free to ask!
Thanks so much for the info :)

For anyone still waiting I just decided to go UF instead (very hard decision as I really like both programs) so a spot should be opening up!!! Good luck to everyone with their futures. :)