Final college list - 6 yrs of PT program, please help me! :(

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nedsiz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all PT student doctors,
I am planning to apply for 6yrs of PT program in following colleges/universities[my final list], after a long research of my own:

Daemen college
Ithaca college
Duquesne University
Leanon Valley college
Saint Francis University
University of the Sciences in Philadelphia
Shenandoah University

I have a GPA of 3.6 or higher, and havent take the ACT yet, but expecting somewhere around 25~29.
[in practice SAT, i scored 1560..:oops:]

However, even after I figured my final college list, I have no idea which college/university has the best 6yrs of PT program. I am planning to visit possibly all of them on coming winter break, but i thought PT student doctors will know much better in which one is better/worse than the other and such..

please, any thoughts? any responses are greatly appreciated..:bow:

Members don't see this ad.

worry about your undergrad first, then worry about PT graduate school. you may well change your mind by then. i know manymanymanymany burnouts from 3+3 programs.

I have to agree with Geeves. I know A LOT (literally hundreds) that were pre-PT and changed their minds along the way. Pick your school on what undergrad college you love and will be the most proud to graduate from. If it's a 3+3 program and you still want PT school after 3 years of college, then that's just icing on the cake.

Worry about undergrad first, that will be a challenge in itself. You're way ahead of me at 18, I thought I was going to get drafted by the Minnesota Twins at that age... oh well, I like PT school better.