Final year of residency catch-up advice

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DJspreadsheet

inside the box
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
As a hypothetical, pretend you slalomed through residency without really reading anything. You're competent, but the reality is there's a lot of probably basic things you don't know because you haven't been reading.

What are the most important books to read over the course of your last year of residency to "catch up."

Members don't see this ad.

As a hypothetical, pretend you slalomed through residency without really reading anything. You're competent, but the reality is there's a lot of probably basic things you don't know because you haven't been reading.

What are the most important books to read over the course of your last year of residency to "catch up."

I'm curious how you got through the PRITES if you feel like you are so behind? The PRITE is a good basis for your knowledge and your ability to perform well on the boards from what my attendings have told me.

Absolutely hilarious! I bet post-residency reality hit you hard or will probably hit you hard. All I have to say is that you'll probably have to actually read.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you take it seriously, I'd think that studying for the board certification exam will help fill in some gaps.

Or just find a job that'll let you be board eligible for the max of 5 years and just catch up on those things you missed in all your PGY years with a year to spare. ;)

Reactions: 2 users