Finally Realized it

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

flyingillini

Self Proclaimed Ninja
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm sure some you guys have seen me post in the premed forums and even here about whether I should do an MD or a PhD...

Well, I've finally realized that the best option for me is to do both.

It is funny because last semester I had come back from Wash U in St. Louis having done a great job that summer doing research, and I felt great.

And things sort of all fell apart when I had trouble balancing research, academics, and my RA job.

My GPA took a hit and because at some point I lost my confidence that semester.

I lost my desire to get an MD for some reason and thought that the PhD would be great in a number of ways - benefiting humanity - researching new techniques etc.

Then I went on the SDN, talked to a few PhDs about job opportunities. And they all gave me the insight on how tough it is to find a good job with the PhD and how competitive it is these days especially in academia.

And then I decided to go back to MD only, for a few days.

But then I saw how much paranoia and greed is behind a lot of the MD application process. That is what I always hated about the MD application process, and those feelings of paranoia and greed even started to rub off on me.

Members don't see this ad.