Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Earreplaceable

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello! I have been stressing about applying to schools in the fall. I have a 3.85 GPA (will likely graduate with a 3.9) at a relatively unknown state school. I anticipate lower to average GRE scores, am president of the audiology club at my school, average volunteer experience and a decent amount of shadowing hours. Can anyone give me insight on the likelihood of me getting into a school with an assistantship or financial help of some kind? Has anyone with similar credentials had success?

Members don't see this ad.

This sounds similar to my situation... I graduated with a 3.8, low to average GRE, I was president of my school's NSSLHA, decent volunteering, and limited shadowing. I went to a pretty small, private, and very unknown school. I got into Purdue, Ohio State, and Missouri State for the first round of admissions and I got into Indiana University from the wait list. I was not offered any scholarships at any of these schools. However, I think I declined Purdue right around the time they were giving out scholarship offers and Ohio State does not give scholarships to first year students. I am probably not the best person to give advice on this but I would recommend visiting your top schools. Good Luck!

Thank you for your insight! Those are all fantastic programs from what I have heard. Congratulations!