Financial Aid??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rhops

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got accepted to UAMS COP, I am currently living in texas so the out of state costs to go to Arkansas is kind of daunting. I'm from a community college so I do not have any debt nor have I dealt with FAFSA, getting loans or anything to do with Finacial aid, although I am going to have to do that now. Has anyone dealt with getting loans and finacial aid for grad school? I already filled out FAFSA, went to entrance counseling and signed a MPS for (un)subsidized loans, but I have not heard anything from the school, is this normal? I have sent in the $100 fee to reserve a seat, but other than that I haven't heard anything from them other then them stating they recieved the $100. Also, will getting loans and stuff normally cover all of tuition and fees? what about room and board? Finally shoud I be waiting on mail from UAMS giving me the steps I need to take to enroll in their school? Never went through finacial aid so any info would be great.

Members don't see this ad.

You should have enough loan availability to cover tuition, room and board, transportation, etc. Tuition rates may increase once you borrow past a certain threshold however. Generally financial aid will not be available until the month before classes begin or so. Call your school's financial aid office if you want details.