Financial Aid

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sportsnut

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
To those people out there who are starting their DPT in the upcoming summer I would love some advice/help on financial aid.

I completed my FAFSA a while ago but aside from that I haven't done much...nor have I heard anything from the school. They emailed me a form to fill out to request the loan for summer which i filled out and sent back....

Because its summer school, and therefore much shorter I am assuming that I wont need to get a GradPLUS loan as the stafford loan should cover it...am I wrong in thinking this (our EFC is next to nothing)?

If i do need a GradPLUS loan how do I select a lender?

Thanks so much

Members don't see this ad.

To those people out there who are starting their DPT in the upcoming summer I would love some advice/help on financial aid.

I completed my FAFSA a while ago but aside from that I haven't done much...nor have I heard anything from the school. They emailed me a form to fill out to request the loan for summer which i filled out and sent back....

Because its summer school, and therefore much shorter I am assuming that I wont need to get a GradPLUS loan as the stafford loan should cover it...am I wrong in thinking this (our EFC is next to nothing)?

If i do need a GradPLUS loan how do I select a lender?

Thanks so much

EFC is irrelevant here, except that it helps determine how much of your Stafford is Subsidized vs unsubsidized. Whether you need a GradPLUS loan would be dependent on whether you have used any Stafford money this academic year already and what your total costs are going to be. Just contact the finaid office at your school though. They'll let you know what your costs are, and exactly how much Stafford money is available to you.