Financial Planning Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

waterski232002

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know any good books about financial planning for beginners. The more geared towards physicians or EM physicians, the better....

Members don't see this ad.

You need to go to the "finance and investments" section of SDN (one of the other forums) There are plenty of books, reviews, and financial advice. It all depends on what you are looking to do w/your money.

Hope this helps.
Tyson

Members don't see this ad :)
One of the best basic beginner books out there is "Millionaire Next Door." Quite eye opening and a very quick read.
But it obviously is not a retirement/planning sort of book.

Q

Does anyone know any good books about financial planning for beginners. The more geared towards physicians or EM physicians, the better....

Any Financial Peace book by Dave Ramsey :thumbup:

Agree with Dr. Quinn. "Millionaire Next Door", should be required reading for everyone in school. It doesn't show you specific strategies, but it gives you the basic concepts behind retirement planning. Live below your means, invest in things you understand and do this consistently for 20-30 years.
My Dad is a financial planner and he told me this book is a classic.

"The Only Investment Guide You Will Ever Need" By Andrew Tobias. This was a great book for beginners and it covers all of the basics.

http://www.amazon.com/Only-Investment-Guide-Youll-Ever/dp/0156029634

Agree. A good book. Other very good ones include

The Boglehead's Guide to Investing
Personal Finance for Dummies
The CoffeeHouse Investor
4 Pillars of Investing

There are several very bad physician specific ones out there. There is a new one out this year that may be better, but I haven't gotten to it yet.